New look....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like a lot about the 2015-2018 Tahoe, especially the RST, but I'm still not fond of the front end. So, I did a little fantasizing and Photoshopping of a Suburban crossed with a 6.2L Silverado Redline, and this is what the result was. What do you think?

Silverburban.jpg

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like it, in a retro sort of way. Those headlights remind me of the 90’s. But to be honest, I hope the next one looks more modern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m the negative one here. I don’t like it, but I don’t love much of GM’s current design language anyways.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice photoshop work. I think the length of your rendering is throwing me off, that’s about 2 ft. longer than a normal suburban. That rear wheel and wheel arch would be closer to the rear door. Change the rear bumper to the suburban instead of the truck style and you got a winner.

Not bad...

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it too. Not a fan of the current Tahoe/suburban fin fenders

I do like the look of the 19 Silverado front end

I’m hoping for a combination of the 2

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice photoshop work. I think the length of your rendering is throwing me off, that’s about 2 ft. longer than a normal suburban. That rear wheel and wheel arch would be closer to the rear door. Change the rear bumper to the suburban instead of the truck style and you got a winner.

Not bad...

Even more storage or a comfy 3rd row, you put the incorrigible kids back there!

I think it looks great and would sell but the length will put off the city slickers but sure would ride and tow nice on the highway with that long wheelbase!

OP
OP
DougAMiller

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Not bad...

You're right, the wheelbase is 23in longer. I thought that the Silverado crewcab wheelbase would provide more passenger room, and I kind of liked the look, as opposed to moving the rear axle forward. The overall length would be about 15in longer, so the comment about urban drivers is valid. Probably should fit the Suburban rear bumper to it though.

OP
OP
DougAMiller

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a more Suburban-esque rear bumper. You're right, it does look better that way, but I'm still sticking with the long wheelbase.

Silverburban.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alejo2160