New here! 08' LTZ Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goodlife_chevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I own a 2008 Chevy Tahoe, LTZ. I purchased a little over two months after selling my 07' TBSS. I started missing having an SUV, so I begun searching for a Tahoe. I have tackled out a ton of the small things I have been wanting to get done so I can get to all the fun expensive things!

I started looking into drop kits as my TBSS came with a bell tech drop on it when I purchased it and I loved how it sat and rode! After speaking to the mechanic that I was going to have drop it, I want to gain a little bit more knowledge on the correct parts to buy to get it done right the first time! I was debating on buying the bell tech drop kit and use my stock stuts, and buying th performance ones later but worried about them bottoming out as the spring would be shorter plus the fact its double the pay in labor having it worked in twice. Let's just say in my head it was going to be an easy purchase and install and move onto wheels and tires, lmao.

I would appreciate any tips or tricks you guys can give me to make sure I am dropping this thing right the first time and not messing around having it in the shop more times then it should.

I would also love to see everywhere ones wheel and tire set up!

Thanks,

Brennan

Attachments

• IMG_8804.jpeg
    IMG_8804.jpeg
    588.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 11.07.15 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 11.07.15 AM.png
    422.1 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
Goodlife_chevy

Goodlife_chevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Northern Idaho! Congrats on the Tahoe. Looks great! I've always loved the Tahoes but I'm not ready to give up my 2008 TBSS.
I wouldn't if I was you, I actually had my SS, a super clean Malibu I Daily drove and then had a built bug eye Subaru wagon, I regret selling it as I wish I could've built that for fun and power and daily drove this tahoe. Not saying I can't get another but as time goes on and I see them in those shut down meets I get more worried if they will be an easy thing to find when I found mine three years go. just seen them getting destroyed. Maybe I will get lucky and find that older guy that babied one since he bought new one day. Is yours RWD or AWD?

Attachments

• IMG_0597.jpeg
    IMG_0597.jpeg
    550.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0460.jpeg
    IMG_0460.jpeg
    819.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0465.jpeg
    IMG_0465.jpeg
    876.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3017.jpeg
    IMG_3017.jpeg
    349.8 KB · Views: 3

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't if I was you, I actually had my SS, a super clean Malibu I Daily drove and then had a built bug eye Subaru wagon, I regret selling it as I wish I could've built that for fun and power and daily drove this tahoe. Not saying I can't get another but as time goes on and I see them in those shut down meets I get more worried if they will be an easy thing to find when I found mine three years go. just seen them getting destroyed. Maybe I will get lucky and find that older guy that babied one since he bought new one day. Is yours RWD or AWD?
Your old TBSS looks awesome! Mine is an AWD and metallic blue.

Attachments

• 1000003388.jpg
    1000003388.jpg
    555.5 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
Goodlife_chevy

Goodlife_chevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How much drop to you plan on? I am at 2"/3.5" but I still itching for more.
Its tough because right now how the back sits higher really bothers me, so I wanted to try and do minimum one in front and 3 in back, sucks because ill try drop it, get wheels and tires and they pry start thinking about lower.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMC GUy