New headlights installed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drl flash when unlock button is hit on the keyless remote.
Parking lights flash when you hit lock on the remote.
Might be different for denalis.
On my Denali, park lights flash with either lock or unlock and dome/ puddle lights stay on for an extended period when unlocking, and fade off in for 5 seconds when locking. I can change this in the secondary DIC.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
On my Denali, park lights flash with either lock or unlock and dome/ puddle lights stay on for an extended period when unlocking, and fade off in for 5 seconds when locking. I can change this in the secondary DIC.
Oops my bad , yea sorry with chevy the drl doesn't flash buy stays on for a bit when the unlock button

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding incompetent, what is the ping pong ball mod? Looking into getting some new headlights for the hoe, and while I can easily use the factory brackets, I'd like to see the options available.

OP
OP
chevrol8t

chevrol8t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry just got off of work. Thanks for the helpful input. I will give all suggestions a try!

OP
OP
chevrol8t

chevrol8t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's the marker (park) lights that flash, not the DRL's. Do your marker lights work? If not it might be polarity like mentioned before.
Yes my marker lights do indeed work.

OP
OP
chevrol8t

chevrol8t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never dealt with these lights but I would assume the drls do not need a resistor because that only fixes hyper flash and cruise. And leds don't draw enough power to blow a fuse.
:think:

I would check polarity, I bet all you need to do is reverse the plugs in the socket.
I will give it a shot! Thanks!

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding incompetent, what is the ping pong ball mod? Looking into getting some new headlights for the hoe, and while I can easily use the factory brackets, I'd like to see the options available.
Just use your oem brackets, don't be ghetto like @Fosscore:Moon:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just take a ping pong ball or two and wedge them in between the Depo headlights and their brackets. It helps stops the wobble as their brackets are a bit weak compared to the OEM brackets. I ran this for a while, then decided the change out the brackets between the Depos and OEM. The OEM brackets are much stiffer and of course fit the 2 pin holes much better.

Just use your oem brackets, don't be ghetto like @Fosscore:Moon:

:Good or Bad:@05Single when he is in Alaska vs. Vegas. On fiiiyyyeer. It is a bit ghetto yes, but it worked until I made the change...lol The Depos are great projectors, they just adjust a bit weird IMO, but the output for $100 is far superior, as mentioned to our OEM lights. Yes a proper retrofit would be a winner, but for me in the city, I am ok with what I have for the moment. lol @MadDogDelpho

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Yea I know the ping pong mod has worked for many people for many years. If you don't have oem brackets to spare it works perfectly.
Yea @Fosscore I get back to my old self when I'm aways from that frozen desert lol.
But to whoever figured out the mod it's actually pretty genius.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is a cool simple mod and nobody would ever know. The Depo brackets are just flimsy and some guys have no issues. Mine wobbled and the adjustment was a little challenging, but nobody had been flashing me for being all goofy aligned.

:win:

Maybe that's cause I'm a bit lower than most trucks around me...:hmmm2: