New guy here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeltaAir423

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wife unit and I needed something larger since the munchkin outgrew the back seat of of my pickup. I stumbled across a 2003 Tahoe LT 5.3 RWD just as the guy was slapping the for sale sign on. Has a few minor issues, but the price was decent enough that we took a chance on it. Just here to learn the tips and tricks of these beasts.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach&NYC Rob!!

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Lots of great info and mods here to keep you running. Post up a pic for us to see.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Looks good. Except for a few common issues, these trucks are beasts and with proper maintenance, run a very long time. Good luck with it.

OP
OP
DeltaAir423

DeltaAir423

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After I picked it up, I did ball joints, brakes, rear end service, oil change, and a water pump. Really the only issue I have now, and this is more for the technical side of forum, is that I have torque converter shudder between 35 and 65 with OD engaged. If I press the accelerator enough to downshift, it goes away. It's minimized around town with tow mode engaged due to the raised shift points, and highway speeds at 70 it's smooth. Fluid isn't burned and is nice and pink. Hopefully a service will take care of it, but I have doubts.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
After I picked it up, I did ball joints, brakes, rear end service, oil change, and a water pump. Really the only issue I have now, and this is more for the technical side of forum, is that I have torque converter shudder between 35 and 65 with OD engaged. If I press the accelerator enough to downshift, it goes away. It's minimized around town with tow mode engaged due to the raised shift points, and highway speeds at 70 it's smooth. Fluid isn't burned and is nice and pink. Hopefully a service will take care of it, but I have doubts.
How many miles are on it? I'm not a trans guy, so my knowledge is limited, but they're known for transmissions. I just replaced mine in my 03, but it was my fault not the truck's. Too much power! Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeyMoSteel