New guy here introducing myself.....and looking to buy a '12 PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently drive a '00 expedition. Its a good truck but I think its time to upgrade to something with attitude and more power. Ive been looking at tahoe PPVs.....I just like the look and added durability. I don't need all the extra amenities, I can add those as time goes by. Here is one i'm currently looking at. Do all tahoes have cheap plastic trim/dash/panels or just the PPV? The sales manager's final offer is $26,300. Is this worth the deal? Its a 2011 with 23,500mi, carpet and spot light delete. no center console. He seemed motivated. I may ask him to throw in a center console to seal the deal since they are apart of a chevy dealership also. That would save me $400+. Lastly, do all tahoes have somewhat excessive wind noise at highway speeds, or is that something characteristic of the PPV? How can i fix that? Weather stripping? Lastly, that PPV suspension is a rough set up LOL I will need to get an aftermarket drop kit soon. Let me what you think f the overall deal, im also going to make a post on my original thread. I have until 3pm tomorrow.

http://www.hensonmotor.com/used/Chevrolet/2011-Chevrolet-Tahoe-26c8a9c10a0a00644d72f2bd137263bc.htm

Last edited:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Super clean. Super low mileage. That's a great deal! And he put chrome LTZ 20's too!

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd still look at it. a PPV with less than 6000 miles on it is incredibly rare. If that doesn't pan out, though, look at Cop Cars Online:

http://www.copcarsonline.com/inventory.aspx?sold=0&pagesize=50

It's where we got our 2010 PPV, and couldn't be happier. We had ours shipped from Florida to Texas. Cost an extra $650, but saved us the time off and airfare/hotel costs. It would have been cool to visit them, as they have quite a collection of ex-police vehicles in their museum.

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

I've been watching eBay closely, I would like my PPV to have carpet with spotlight delete. The two dealers in Chicago have some, but not quite what I'm looking for. I did find a nice one in Texas, I'm going to inquire about it later this week.

http://www.hensonmotor.com/used/Chevrolet/2011-Chevrolet-Tahoe-26c8a9c10a0a00644d72f2bd137263bc.htm

Nice ride there. That one also has a hitch, which is hard to get on these vehicles. I'd jump on that one.

sbubbaklein

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ppv

try to get a newer one with 6 speed automatic, better fuel economy. There is an SSV which can come in 2wd and 4wd, carpet etc, it does not have the lowered suspension that the PPV does.

OP
OP
L

LRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea im going to take a look at this one later this week.

I'd still look at it. a PPV with less than 6000 miles on it is incredibly rare. If that doesn't pan out, though, look at Cop Cars Online:

http://www.copcarsonline.com/inventory.aspx?sold=0&pagesize=50

It's where we got our 2010 PPV, and couldn't be happier. We had ours shipped from Florida to Texas. Cost an extra $650, but saved us the time off and airfare/hotel costs. It would have been cool to visit them, as they have quite a collection of ex-police vehicles in their museum.

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

Nice ride there. That one also has a hitch, which is hard to get on these vehicles. I'd jump on that one.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try to get a newer one with 6 speed automatic, better fuel economy. There is an SSV which can come in 2wd and 4wd, carpet etc, it does not have the lowered suspension that the PPV does.

IIRC, the PPV is the 2WD vehicle, with the shorter suspension. The SSV (Special Service Vehicle) is the 4WD version. They have a bit taller suspension, and are primarily used for off road use, not really specified for police pursuit operations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clubdriven