New fuel pump...no fuel pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RI95Tahoe

Reaction score
Replaced the fuel pump on my 95 Tahoe (AC Delco) and the truck started fine. Took it for a test drive with no issues. Brought it home and parked it. It sat for maybe 2 hours or so. Started to move it so I could wash it, truck just died :banghead: . Truck fires with starter fluid. Replaced fuel filter before doing the fuel pump. Disconnected the fuel line before the fuel filter and had someone turn the key on to prime the pump and get no fuel. Pump does turn on (I hear it humming clearly). Going to drop the tank again this weekend, but any input on what I should be looking for?

Note: Plenty of fuel in the tank. Gauge read 1/4 (which was about right) and added 5 gallons of fuel (gauge moved to just under 1/2).

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
if it runs and there is no output something might have clogged the pump itself or the out feed from the pump to the tank mount may have broken open.

Name

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This happened to me when I put in a new ac delco pump a couple months ago. The pump would not turn on and I had no fuel pressure. I drained out the gas, and before I dropped the tank I just turned the key switch on one last time, and all of a sudden I heard the pump come on and the pressure slowly started building, and it's worked great ever since. I was sure glad I didn't have to drop that shit again.

OP
OP
RI95Tahoe

RI95Tahoe

Reaction score
This happened to me when I put in a new ac delco pump a couple months ago. The pump would not turn on and I had no fuel pressure. I drained out the gas, and before I dropped the tank I just turned the key switch on one last time, and all of a sudden I heard the pump come on and the pressure slowly started building, and it's worked great ever since. I was sure glad I didn't have to drop that shit again.

Thanks for the input, but my pump turns on. Just don't get any pressure from it.

OP
OP
RI95Tahoe

RI95Tahoe

Reaction score
Well....dropped the tank and found out the fuel sock had come off the pump and let grit into the pump causing it to seize up. Luckily the autoparts store replaced it for free.

OP
OP
RI95Tahoe

RI95Tahoe

Reaction score
It would click and then sorta hum. i thought the hum was it running, but it was just it trying to run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076