new delema

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i got a problem... a while ago i put in truck bars so i could level my truck with 2inch bar. all was wellfor a while but last night out muddin i hit a big ass hole and poped one out was a pain in the ass getting the bar back in in the mud.... now the truck bars are 2 inches longer so thats part the reason. im lost as what to do. eithe swap my stock bars back and put my 33s letting me save gas, ride better and save more money to lift it right. or try and cut down the bars and keep the 35s on. i want to straight axle it and be doen with the ifs. mine feels liekits going to fall apart and ive replaed everything. ti has the slopiest steering ever and worst brakes. he did his tahoe not too long ago and he said he could help me find all the parts for around 1k probably a lil more. would be 14ff rear and d44 from a f250 upfront. id then ditch the bl and be all suspension. or i could do ifs lift and ditch bl.. but it woudl still ride and handle the same and i realy dont like all of the moving parts up front and i dont think they like the 35s too much either. really only options i have are a) downsixing to 33s and save for either b) ifs lift and put 35s back on or c) straight axle this summer and be done with all the crappy steering and brakes

Attachments

• 0303122106.jpg
    0303122106.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 31

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
I'd try to put it back together and start gathering parts for a SAS.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
put the stock bars back in, get 33 back on until you are ready for the SAS

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its back together now and seems to be fine but i dont like knowin it could happen again. i may just put the other tires and bars back in it. id save more on gas and more to save for sas. thing is my 33s were junk almost well 2 of em were so kinda not worth it almost

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thinking maybe to put the truck crossmember on so i dont have to worry about em popin out and then saving up for sas. realy think it would be pointless to put my pretty much bald 33s on

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so so far ive planned to use sky brackets for around 3 inches of lift and some 52" springs. wfo shock hoops. i found a 78 d44 ewith 456 gears for 250. really think i should grab it. rear would be a 14ff. theres a 79k2500 in my neighborhood and im going to see if he will sell so i can use rear and sell the rest of the drive train for money. rear lift would be a shackle flip and zero rate to line it all back up. still researching the crossover steering and other details. any recommendations on shocks. my buddy says do run duals he doesnt like he single but he said he used cheap shcoks too.. ill get pics of his up

muddymoose

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
a d44 likely will not take tires that big and be dependable, you would want to build a 60 and be done with it, my friend has a tj w 44s and he won't even run 35's on it without puttin in moly shafts

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lot of people i know run d44 with no problems. i dont need a d60 and that would double hwo much id spend. i found a ford d44 for 250 with 456 gears thats a lot better than 1k+ for a ford d60

the damn thing poped out last night again and bent my fender and broke the plastic piece by the bumper. i got it home and it sits now till i get that crossmember tomorrow

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well killed to birds with one stone this weekend. got the crossmember off a suburban installed. was a royal pain. drilled 6 holes and its all good to go. it moved back an inch and a half. its perfect now no more of the t bar stickingout of the control arm. also got a 4wd actuator from the junkyard too and swaped the plug and now i got a working actuator :) anyone on here have any interst in getting the skid plats off the burban? i can go back and get em. saw 3 overhead consoels too and a white gmc grill but a corner was broke :/ and the yukon had fender flares but i missed em :(