New Centre Console for my 2011 ppv

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foeteef

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Very nice install. I have a 14 ppv and did same setup. But as Big E stated, any input on if/how to connect controls on rear of console (air, radio,etc)or just adding the bose amp to stock radio is possible?? Would love any info as well

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at this briefly when I installed the console in our truck. IIRC, there is no harness left in the truck to make the connection. Additionally, the radio may not be programmed for that. After that, I pretty much gave up. About all I'd like to do is power up the USB plug in the console compartment, but may just install an in-dash USB connector in one of the cigar lighter sockets instead.

Do some searches in the 2007-1014 models section, because I KNOW this has been discussed there.

CHOWDERHEAD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I believe you have to have the bose system in the vehicle to be able to hook up the OEM bose sub. The PPV/SSV comes with the base radio.

I'm doing the OEM jumpseat with a JL Audio Stealthbox 10" sub. Its a vehicle specific custom fit enclosure that fits in the bottom section of the jumpseat and is specific to your interior color.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
I looked at this briefly when I installed the console in our truck. IIRC, there is no harness left in the truck to make the connection. Additionally, the radio may not be programmed for that. After that, I pretty much gave up. About all I'd like to do is power up the USB plug in the console compartment, but may just install an in-dash USB connector in one of the cigar lighter sockets instead.

Do some searches in the 2007-1014 models section, because I KNOW this has been discussed there.

Ok guys, I had to bite the bullet, The wife hates the aftermarket console that I put in when I got my hoe. It won't hold her Yeti cup. So I Got me a nice stock console. Just wondering if anyone has been able to wire up the cig lighter/power plugs without disassembling the console to trace the wires. I don't care nothing about the radio controls.

Polease

Reaction score
The center console makes a huge difference. Junk Yards in my area want $800+ for the complete console... I have been searching for a good deal

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is an 2011 with cruise and stock base radio. Installed 07 leather wheel with the radio controls Just plug and play. Came with rubber wheel without radio controls nice easy upgrade

That is what I was wondering, how easy it would be to replace the steering wheel. If I get one with 'all the controls' (incl. audio etc) is that just plug and play too? And what about the airbag, how easy/tricky/dangerous is that?

Ron
2013 Tahoe SSV

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
That is what I was wondering, how easy it would be to replace the steering wheel. If I get one with 'all the controls' (incl. audio etc) is that just plug and play too? And what about the airbag, how easy/tricky/dangerous is that?

Plug and play. Air bag is also easy cheesy. take an Allen wrench and push in the retainer on both side of the steering wheel.(small hole). disconnect battery first of course, no danger. I watched a youtube video on how to. You tube is the best service manual they ever made in my opinion. LOL but for real yea, watch a vid!!!

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plug and play. Air bag is also easy cheesy. take an Allen wrench and push in the retainer on both side of the steering wheel.(small hole). disconnect battery first of course, no danger. I watched a youtube video on how to. You tube is the best service manual they ever made in my opinion. LOL but for real yea, watch a vid!!!

That indeed looks easy, I am just not a big fan of messing with airbags.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk