New Centre Console for my 2011 ppv

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unhook the battery for safety, but honestly, I did it twice with all power connected. I blame NO ONE for unhooking the battery first, though.

Better safe than >BANG!<

CobraKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That indeed looks easy, I am just not a big fan of messing with airbags.

I replaced the peeling steering wheel inserts with brushed metal parts and also replaced the Chevy emblem and airbag cover with a surprisingly well made eBay replacement. I've done a lot of work over the years on my cars but never done airbags so I was just as concerned as you.

As @CrashTestDummy and @2011SSVHOE said, keep the battery disconnected for a good 30 minutes and don't sit directly in front of the steering wheel when you're doing this for added precaution. Work from the sides and take your time. When it came to actually handling the air bag I had it facing away from me just to be safe as I transferred it to the new cover.

There are a few good videos on YouTube, each with their own sets of points so watch them all and go ahead with the project.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the peeling steering wheel inserts with brushed metal parts and also replaced the Chevy emblem and airbag cover with a surprisingly well made eBay replacement. I've done a lot of work over the years on my cars but never done airbags so I was just as concerned as you.

As @CrashTestDummy and @2011SSVHOE said, keep the battery disconnected for a good 30 minutes and don't sit directly in front of the steering wheel when you're doing this for added precaution. Work from the sides and take your time. When it came to actually handling the air bag I had it facing away from me just to be safe as I transferred it to the new cover.

There are a few good videos on YouTube, each with their own sets of points so watch them all and go ahead with the project.

Yeah I think after I watch the videos a few times, I'll probably be able to do it. It is not a priority now, still have a few things to do top it, and oh yeah.. some house stuff *lol*.

I might get one in a few weeks, a new one, that has all the cruise control AND audio controls, since it is just plug and play.

jkssv08tahoe

Reaction score
Question for the guys who have put a center console in. Did you all have the wire harness that went to the back controls for the back seat people. The 08 Tahoe I picked up had a harness tucked under the console. I plug it into all the electronics in the back. But I couldn't figure out where it plugs into to power everything up.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for the guys who have put a center console in. Did you all have the wire harness that went to the back controls for the back seat people. The 08 Tahoe I picked up had a harness tucked under the console. I plug it into all the electronics in the back. But I couldn't figure out where it plugs into to power everything up.

I looked around for that answer also, I was told "it won't work" unless it is from the specific audio
The Ppv/ssv units are not wired for a center console. In mine I just powered up the 12 volt outlets using a fused battery feed

Yeah that is what I did too, I use the little 12V wire (pig tail?) that was tucked under the floor cover, to power the lighter outlets, and a separate wire for the CB I put in (I made my own little harness for that.)

I 'researched' the "hook the console audio up option" but yeah, it doesn't go anywhere. Also, the harness that came with the console (it has the amplifier and radio) was cut, so the front end plug was gone anyway. If I ever feel like doing something with it, I might put a small/short radio in, with some jacks to plug in a head phone or so. (But since I am single .... and drive it by myself, or one passenger at the most, that is unlikely.

I'd rather find a 'cubby' that goes in place of the radio thing, That way I have something less sophisticated that I don't use *lol*.
(If someone knows of such cubby or tray, even a face plate, let me know.)

Ron

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked around for that answer also, I was told "it won't work" unless it is from the specific audio

Yeah that is what I did too, I use the little 12V wire (pig tail?) that was tucked under the floor cover, to power the lighter outlets, and a separate wire for the CB I put in (I made my own little harness for that.)

I 'researched' the "hook the console audio up option" but yeah, it doesn't go anywhere. Also, the harness that came with the console (it has the amplifier and radio) was cut, so the front end plug was gone anyway. If I ever feel like doing something with it, I might put a small/short radio in, with some jacks to plug in a head phone or so. (But since I am single .... and drive it by myself, or one passenger at the most, that is unlikely.

I'd rather find a 'cubby' that goes in place of the radio thing, That way I have something less sophisticated that I don't use *lol*.
(If someone knows of such cubby or tray, even a face plate, let me know.)

Ron

For those amongst us that get creative, or find a way to make that audio thingy work, this is the wiring harness for the center console: https://www.gmpartsonline.net/oem-p...9dGFob2UmeT0yMDEzJnQ9bHQmZT01LTNsLXY4LWZsZXg=