New 98 in the garage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mrhp

mrhp

Reaction score
Thinking of a Blackbear tune on this ht383e. Does anybody have one, and what do they think of it? It ***** and gits pretty decent already, but more is more.

OP
OP
mrhp

mrhp

Reaction score
Changing out the exhaust this week. Has stainless shorty headers and duals with a dual inlet/dual outlet muffler. Changing it all to a true dual set up with possibly an H pipe. We have an exhaust bender, so we can make some pretty neat stuff. I like H pipes for the increase of low and midrange power, along with the decrease of decibels. It does not alter the true dual sound like an X pipe does. We have a couple of different mufflers to try, but I am rooting for a 40 inch long straight through glass pack. Ran them on a TBI and had no regrets. Quiet easing around town, but loud when you are shittin’ and gittin.

OP
OP
mrhp

mrhp

Reaction score
Well, the boy went to the shop Friday, and swapped the dual in dual out muffler for a couple of straight pipes. Needless to say, it’s pretty damn loud. I guess we will have to find some time soon to build the exhaust now! Always something. It sounds good, just too loud. I think the 40 inch glass pack mufflers will tone it down a bit.

OP
OP
mrhp

mrhp

Reaction score
Finally got to the shop to build the exhaust. Went from stainless headers with 2 1/2 all the way back with 40 inch glass pack mufflers. Turned them out for side exit. Tried the Flowmaster and Cherry Bomb salutes. The Salutes were too damn loud, and my boy did not like the Flowmaster sound. The glass pack are real quiet at idle. Just easing it around town is no problem. On the hiway at 60+ mph there is no drone. All things considered, pretty quiet inside. No problems having a conversation or listening to the radio. When you get after it, and the rpm’s get upstairs, the thing just snarls! Luke is amazed a glasspack can sound so good. I had no doubt! I have been bending exhaust for years and know what these things sound like. All in all, a win for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660