New 98 in the garage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrhp

Reaction score
My boy just bought a 98 2 door Tahoe a couple weeks ago. No rust from Arizona. Six inch lift, 35 1250 15 tires on 10 inch wheels. Has ht383e motor, fresh trans and t case, 4.56 gears and a Detroit Tru Trac in the rear. Headers, duals, full aluminum radiator, leather, you get the picture. Really a nice machine. Just doing some odds and ends on it getting ready for winter. Btw, who has the best fitting 2 inch cowl hood for these? I had a 2 inch cowl hood on my 99 Tahoe years ago but don’t remember the brand. It’s raining, but here is a couple of pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    389.2 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
mrhp

mrhp

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I will try to get him to join on here. Nobody on the hood recommendation?

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I will try to get him to join on here. Nobody on the hood recommendation?
These guys have them. I don't know if shipping is insane or not.

OP
OP
mrhp

mrhp

Reaction score
These guys have them. I don't know if shipping is insane or not.

That’s the same hood I had years ago.thanks!

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure hope he's not driving it in the snow/salt? Good looking somewhat rare machine there.

OP
OP
mrhp

mrhp

Reaction score
All winter long! It’s kind of a shame to drive it in the winter, but it’s his woods machine. Luke really does take care of his stuff. The short wheelbase really gets around in the bush. Better than his crew cab Trailboss That’s for sure. He tells me the Tahoe is just like a Jeep, but for men. :D I have a Jeep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan