New 2018 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Texnjpr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good morning..new to the forum. We are about to take ownership of a new Denali 2wd in Mineral Metallic fully loaded. As of last Saturday we weren't in the market at all but we couldn't pass up the deal we received, just a hair under $66k before TTL. We are coming from a 2011 acadia Denali so the 6.2 and extra room will be a nice change.

One of the things I immediately want to do is get some nice all weather mats. I'm leaning towards the GM OEM all weather ones as they look nice. Any opinions on those vs. Weathertec vs. Husky? Also, anyone have a recommendation for a foldable rubber cargo mat? I suspect we'll have the 3rd row down most of the time but I like the option to just fold the mat on top of itself if we need to put the seats up as opposed to having to fully remove it. GM offered one like that for the Acadia which we loved but I don't see the same offering on the Yukon.

Happy Holidays!

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck, I just picked up a new one myself. Theres is thread in the interior section that reviews the husky vs weather tech. I picked up the husky weather beaters. I haven't put them in yet but they look nice in the box. I bought all three rows but didn't pull the trigger on the cargo mat just yet. I'm like you, I would love to have a foldable cargo mat option so I didn't have to take it out when I needed use of the 3rd row. Maybe someone else can chime in and assist the both of us in that area.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride. I have weathertech and the ends of the second rows tends to curl up, which is further assisted with the bottom of the door edge when closing. I would never purchase them again. I bought used, so no warranty. My thought is I will attach/glue something stiff, bu thin beneath each side to keep the lips in place.

OP
OP
T

Texnjpr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've read similar concerns about the WeatherTec which is surprising given the price.

ChrisYukon

Reaction score
Yeah, I bought the rear mat from Weathertech, and It's "just ok." It's on the thin and flimsy side - For the price, I was expecting something more substantial. I have the smaller one because I have the 3rd row up full time. If you're looking for "folding," I think it is flimsy enough to just roll back.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck.

I just bought the Husky X-Act about a week ago and I’m getting ready to return them and get the Weathertechs. The Husky’s feel a little slippery but my issue is more with the 2/3 row pieces. I have a LWB with captains seats in the 2nd row. The Husky mat is two overlapping pieces for the second and third rows and the overlap isn’t great. There’s a huge “bubble” in the center and it looks messy and is a tripping hazard. The Weathertech is one piece combo for the 2/3 rows. I haven’t tried it so don’t know first hand (yet) how it compares but yes, people have complained that they curl away from the truck’s body. I emailed Weathertech and asked about this issue and whether it would be covered under warranty. They said that there is a “fix” for this issue if it happens and that they would email the instructions if necessary. They also said if their “fix” didn’t work, they would replace under warranty. Who knows if they’ll honor that, but it makes me feel better knowing that they have a fix for the curling issue. It probably involves a heat gun/hair dryer but I don’t know for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amanda4461

Reaction score
I received the factory all-weather mats as part of my deal on a 2018 Denali. They look good and work great. Fit is perfect. I don't know what they cost, since it was rolled into my deal with a bunch of future oil changes, but I know that my wife likes them, so they made her happy.

OP
OP
T

Texnjpr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
THanks...those are the ones I have my eye on actually. Do you have them for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd row?

zkutilek

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Our Yukon SLT Premium came with the factory all weather mats for all 3 rows. Very nice and I wouldn’t even consider aftermarket mats because of how well they fit. I have experience with weather tech in other vehicles, and while they are nice, they are nowhere near as nice as OEM.

bsch3001

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck.

I just bought the Husky X-Act about a week ago and I’m getting ready to return them and get the Weathertechs. The Husky’s feel a little slippery but my issue is more with the 2/3 row pieces. I have a LWB with captains seats in the 2nd row. The Husky mat is two overlapping pieces for the second and third rows and the overlap isn’t great. There’s a huge “bubble” in the center and it looks messy and is a tripping hazard. The Weathertech is one piece combo for the 2/3 rows. I haven’t tried it so don’t know first hand (yet) how it compares but yes, people have complained that they curl away from the truck’s body. I emailed Weathertech and asked about this issue and whether it would be covered under warranty. They said that there is a “fix” for this issue if it happens and that they would email the instructions if necessary. They also said if their “fix” didn’t work, they would replace under warranty. Who knows if they’ll honor that, but it makes me feel better knowing that they have a fix for the curling issue. It probably involves a heat gun/hair dryer but I don’t know for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a '18 with second row captains chairs as well - we put the Husky x-act fit in and I didn't like the bubble in the middle either. The dealer I bought them from wanted to make it right since they weren't close to 'x-act'. It ended up taking around a month going back and forth and amazingly during that time that bubble went away. Completely. They fit perfectly now. You still have the two pieces that overlap - this hasn't caused any issues, it lays down really nice. It would be better as a single piece though. Overall I like the material of the Husky far better than Weathertecs. I have Weathertecs in my Sierra and really dislike them - too hard. They didn't have any softer ones, maybe they do now.

The factory ones seemed nice - that is a good option as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz