Never go through drive thru wash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was out in the mud some so figured I would run through a drive thru wash first to get the main heavy mud off before I could give it a good cleaning a few days later, boy was I wrong
4b25448b-1ffd-4197.jpg

Looks like the sprayer just blasted the paint right of from the sunroof to the rear. Wash place owner said they were not liable so I'm stuck on my own paying for it. Any body know what this could wind up costing me to get fixed?

trebor8820

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea they had signs posted, the manager talked to the owner who said there was nothing they could do. I thought about a lawyer but I don't have the money for that

There was a sign warning that their wash could take the paint right off of your car?

That's a load of crap, I'd be digging into that further.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about putting some grip tape or rhino lining on my roof. That way I can actually put stuff up there if I ever need to. Plus, nobody can see the roof anyway, so why not?

Gordy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BS

I will bet if you sit out in front of thier establishment flagging down patrons they will do something for you.

I could see if you were using the hand wand. If your in an automatic you have no control over what the machine does, and usually stuck in there until its done.

Usually add on accessories to the vehicle are not covered, but peeling the paint off your weapon is bull.

I had a buddy who happend to go threw the old style wash with the whirling brushes. So happend a farmer went in before him. The machine wrapped up barbwire in the brushes from the bed of the pickup. He had to sit there until the cycle was done listening to the barbire strip the paint.

Gordy

OP
OP
dwmmatt23

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea it's a bunch of bull, there's not much more I could do without a lawyer, which I can't afford to pay for something that might only cost me a few hundred to repair. But man was I pissed, they tried telling me it was existing which caused it to strip that far.

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, there is no way a automatic car wash spray can take off paint unless the paint was messed up to begin with. It could have been flaking and you didn't even now it. Have you looked at your roof lately, before you had it washed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
artmumf