Need opinions on black out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kelzo

Reaction score
I don't understand why people would cheap out on such an expensive vehicle?! Do it right the first time and be done. I get the people that have already had the wrap done in the past, but you now have the option to make it look like the way it should without having to worry about peeling, fading, etc.
Potential resale maybe? Easier to repair for scratches, dings and dents?
If someone wants chrome you can just take the wrap off, or vice versa keep the black.

A lot more high end cars and being wrapped these days as they can do a lot more with the paint/look and keep it fresh different etc.

Pittz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Potential resale maybe? Easier to repair for scratches, dings and dents?
If someone wants chrome you can just take the wrap off, or vice versa keep the black.

A lot more high end cars and being wrapped these days as they can do a lot more with the paint/look and keep it fresh different etc.

1: keep your chrome grill for potential future sale

2: high end cars getting FULL wraps, not color matched grilles. BIG difference.

Wrap will only take so much abuse before it starts to peel and chip. I’m all for wrapping if that’s your only solution, but there is an OEM product that matches your paint AND the inserts are painted black for a cleaner look.

CMil527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oddly enough I'm the king of monochrome and blacking out vehicles and still love and appreciate the look. But there is something about these Yukon's that just look right with the chrome accents... just my opinion!

Kelzo

Reaction score
I agree, I still like a hint of chrome here and there. Just enough to break it up. Otherwise the black is all a bit too much.

Getting mirrors done, rack rails and grill this Thursday hopefully.

OP
OP
Liam Hendriks

Liam Hendriks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
oddly enough I'm the king of monochrome and blacking out vehicles and still love and appreciate the look. But there is something about these Yukon's that just look right with the chrome accents... just my opinion!
That’s been my dilemma on how much I want to get done. Go back and forth on the full grill but leave the outline of the Chevy logo still chrome. Make the outline black and the interior lieces stay chrome. It would be helpful if anyone on yelp would reply to me though

OP
OP
Liam Hendriks

Liam Hendriks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ya,I felt like that was a great deal! I had not thought of the 1 piece vinyl until I read a post of yours, so thank you!
I got a quote of $800 here in Scottsdale,AZ. If anyone has any recommendations in either Arizona or the Bay Area I’m all ears!

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RST Grill $420
RST Black window trim $980

These prices are not installed, but damn if I’m gonna pay to get them wrapped for almost the same price.

Would like to black out my window trim as well and don't have many auto vinyl wrap shops near me, and considering trying to order the factory black window trim from a Suburban RST.

Does anyone have the part number for the black window trim for Suburban RST?
Would you be able to use a RST Suburban VIN # and get it?
Lastly, what are people's thoughts on the window trim from a Suburban working on a Yukon XL?

I have a 2015 Yukon XL Denali and a 2015+ Suburban parked right next to me the other day and upon close inspection the chrome window trim looks identical.

Pittz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^ those would be the part numbers for both suburban and Tahoe. All black trim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19

Latest posts