Need opinions on black out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liam Hendriks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have 2017 premier in pepperdust with custom rims and black bow ties. Was considering blacking out all of the chrome or certain parts of it. Need opinions and methods. I also pulled up next to a blacked out one at the lights with all decals blacked out as well. Attached 2 photos of my truck and one of the randoms.

2675E527-B79B-4ED1-A047-D5D1AF28F08F.jpeg D322A9EC-53DF-4840-8FFA-39DC24CEDC11.jpeg 90199DC0-7B95-4DF3-998F-EA3E0EFDB18D.jpeg

OP
OP
Liam Hendriks

Liam Hendriks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That’s what I was thinking especially the side logos. Should I paint match the side mirrors?

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my black Tahoe LTZ into one of the better known custom shops in my area (DC/Baltimore) and was quoted a price of $1700 for a full chrome delete. Perhaps that's the going rate but I've since decided to keep the chrome. I'd rather put that cash towards a set of custom forged wheels in a brushed/polished silver.

OP
OP
Liam Hendriks

Liam Hendriks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Took my black Tahoe LTZ into one of the better known custom shops in my area (DC/Baltimore) and was quoted a price of $1700 for a full chrome delete. Perhaps that's the going rate but I've since decided to keep the chrome. I'd rather put that cash towards a set of custom forged wheels in a brushed/polished silver.
Did they give you a timeline?

BNKACCT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I stopped in my local tint world the other day, got a quote of 550$ to wrap the grill in 1 piece of vinyl and window trim,gloss black. Another 150 to smoke the tails properly,using laminex.

Kelzo

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat (?), have a new black Tahoe. Picking up new black 22" wheels tomorrow. Black bow ties done.
Going to either spray the grill or wrap the grill black and mirrors and the top railings.
Black on black on black :D
However, I think a couple parts here and there to break it up can work. Like the lettering on the side 'Tahoe" I will leave.

What has everyone paid for the grill? About to get a quote to spray and then to wrap?

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score

$1,700!!! Wow, that seems really high? For that price I would assume that is for complete trim removal, painting black, and then reinstalling? Probably also included the grill and other front or rear tail gate trim pieces in chrome.

I stopped in my local tint world the other day, got a quote of 550$ to wrap the grill in 1 piece of vinyl and window trim,gloss black. Another 150 to smoke the tails properly,using laminex.

I think having the chrome vinyl wrapped gloss black is the easiest and less costly option to go with. Even it were to get messed up say (scraping your windows in he winter time if you weren't careful), re-wrapping it would be an easy low cost "repair".

I need to see what the going rate to get this done is in my area.

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score

$550 sounds reasonable to me. My LTZ grill alone was quoted around $450 to $500 for wrap. And for all chrome wrapped (window trims, roof racks, mirror covers, door handles, running boards, grill, eye brows, etc.), shops were quoting me $800 - $1500. OUCH! So I ended up doing it myself.

BNKACCT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
$550 sounds reasonable to me. My LTZ grill alone was quoted around $450 to $500 for wrap. And for all chrome wrapped (window trims, roof racks, mirror covers, door handles, running boards, grill, eye brows, etc.), shops were quoting me $800 - $1500. OUCH! So I ended up doing it myself.

Ya,I felt like that was a great deal! I had not thought of the 1 piece vinyl until I read a post of yours, so thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401