Need opinions on black out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome thanks for posting that Pittz! Very helpful.

Etraeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to black out all the chrome on my '16 Suburban. Planning on Plasti Dip Spray. I thing you could black out the mirrors as well. It would be more difficult to find matching paint. Besides, I think the mirrors would look better blacked out rather than paint matched. Although if it were paint matched, I'm sure it would still look good with the rest of the chrome blacked out. Nice thing about Plasti Dip is you can peel it all off later if you don't like it or if you want to sell it and the buyer likes chrome, he/she can peel it off. Might as well Plasti Dip the mirrors while you are doing the rest of the chrome.

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO....plasti dip's black color is too flat and not glossy (even with glossifier). It looks ok on smaller surfaces, i.e., emblems...but larger surfaces, i.e., grills, mirror covers, it just doesn't look right. Again...this is just my opinion. :2cents:

Azervos3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can we get some more pics posted I'm interested in blacking out too how about prices??

Herschel34

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Realize this is a pretty old thread, but struggling to find a reasonable method of color matching the chrome accents on the door handles and curious what others have done. I've tried ordering the OEM color matched handles and replacing, but can't seem to find a way to replace without removing the door panel due to the wiring for the keyless entry.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM