Need mod ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have clear parking lights coming tomorrow.
You guys think I should get stock running boards? I acquired the Yuk with these stainless nerf bars and sometimes I love them and sometimes I think stockers would look better.
Help me with some ideas please. I was looking for NNBS Denali wheels, but I think I'll keep the stock size so I don't lose performance or gas mileage.

Another shot:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 205
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 113
Last edited by a moderator:

mmeachem

Reaction score
ra3aqa4u.jpg

I think you should get the NNBS Denali wheels like the ones in the picture. Keep the chrome running boards and once you get the wheels see if you like the boards with the wheels.

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
It depends are you wanting a rugged look. Or. A sleek look?

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ra3aqa4u.jpg

I think you should get the NNBS Denali wheels like the ones in the picture. Keep the chrome running boards and once you get the wheels see if you like the boards with the wheels.

^ +1 I had these wheels on my '06 with the chrome steps, have a look at my albums.

I still like the chrome steps better than stock, but I would remove that brush guard in the front, as it looks too massive for my taste.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It depends are you wanting a rugged look. Or. A sleek look?

Exactly. What 'look' are you after? NNBS Denali 20's would look great on there-they are not going to affect your truck's performance as much as you think either ;)

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Plz let us know what look you a going after. If pretty much as is then I would swap to the black nerd bars to tie into the grill guard or ...... Those rims would look good. IMO and your side trim has chrome already incorporated into it. So you don't need the chrome Nerf bars.
But the wheels you posted are more of a sleek look. So are you going to lower it or keep it stock height?

Also I like the tail lights you should look into either the escalade rear vents or the SS street scene ones? It will really help clean up your ass.

Have you thought about losing the roof rack or at least the cross bars?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. As far as the look I'm going for:
I guess sleek, but still somewhat of a tough badass look. Definitely not lowering it. Will prob leave at stock height (lift it if anything, but doubtful).
I've been considering removing the Brushguard, but it's mounted in 4 places to the frame so part of me thinks it will actually protect my front end in a collision. If I remove it, I'd need something to protect the bumper from the idiots that can't parallel park (don't want a bunch of dents in my bumper).

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clear parking light came today. Look ok. I realized the little corner lights are burnt out, never realized their were even lights there, and I think most people never replace them bc I never saw them lit up on a Yukon (or maybe never payed enough attention).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 71

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Might I suggest a WAAG rear bumper guard? And maybe some black N-Fab steps? An HD hood.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might I suggest a WAAG rear bumper guard? And maybe some black N-Fab steps?

I'm not worried about the rear bumper because I have the hitch back there. It's the front bumper I need to keep people off of.

The N-Fab's are nice! I'd love to trade someone for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts