Need lifting suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

cidshacu

Just a quick pic of mine...CCM 2.5" front spacer with 1" rear coil spacer wheels are 20x8.5" with 305/55-20 Nitto TerraGrapplers

DSCN4657.jpg

This great pictures, thank you for sharing them. I will return to post the picture on this forum and you'll find them great.

CREETO

Reaction score
i know you're trying not to spend $1000 for the look... if you spend about $5000 you can get a suspension lift, rims, and tires. here's a pic of my truck: good luck and post the pics when you complete the work!!! if you decide to get a lift instead of spacers, be sure to find someone who is experienced that you can trust. this is superlift 6 inch suspension lift, helo 835 18 inch rims, and coooper armortek mud terrain 35X12.5X18 tires. even with the 6 inches of suspension lift, i still get a little rub at full stop under compression... and i've removed all of the lower body trim too.picture.jpg

picture.php

picture.php

CREETO

Reaction score
the cooper STT's have been great so far. mud, dirt, sand, snow has been no problem... haven't done rock, and the problem i experienced was soft clay one afternoon. 90% time spent on the road and they've been great. i would highly reccomend to anyone looking for mud tires. the tread has been holding up great on the road so far, and they create zero road noise (a real feat for a mudder wiith 9000 miles). i know as they wear down, the noise will increase, but so far i am complertely satisfied with the cooper STT

Last edited:

fco_gonzo

Tahoe BS Detector
Reaction score
i know you're trying not to spend $1000 for the look... if you spend about $5000 you can get a suspension lift, rims, and tires. here's a pic of my truck: good luck and post the pics when you complete the work!!! if you decide to get a lift instead of spacers, be sure to find someone who is experienced that you can trust. this is superlift 6 inch suspension lift, helo 835 18 inch rims, and coooper armortek mud terrain 35X12.5X18 tires. even with the 6 inches of suspension lift, i still get a little rub at full stop under compression... and i've removed all of the lower body trim too.picture.jpg

picture.php

picture.php

Very Nice Hoe, for some reason I like your truck!

baccaglio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello I was reading your thread on your Tahoe that you used the leveling kit on and was looking for some further clarification. The truck looks great!! I had a few questions as I have a GMC Yukon that I am looking to achieve a similar look with bigger tires.

So I understand you installed a 2.5 inch Truxx leveling kit in the front. Did you install a 1.5 inch over coil spring spacer on the rear or did you leave the rear height stock? What exact size BFG's did you install without any rubbing?? Did you install this kit yourself or have it installed? Thank you very much for your time. Brad

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

TRUXX kit is a 2.5" front spacers and 1.5" rear.
Rides like stock. You don;t have to change your shocks out. You will need a front end alignment though.

You can fit 33" tires on there with zero rubbing....even off road. My wheels are 17 x 9 XD Hoss with 5.5" back space. Tires are 285 (33") bfg at's.

..although I need to go see max so I can get my 35's on there. :driver:

P8030006-1.jpg

P8030011-1.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

side shot.
3-1.jpg

..and just becasue we got the grille painted and dent fixed. :)

2-2.jpg
Hello I was reading your thread on your Tahoe that you used the leveling kit on and was looking for some further clarification. The truck looks great!! I had a few questions as I have a GMC Yukon that I am looking to achieve a similar look with bigger tires.

So I understand you installed a 2.5 inch Truxx leveling kit in the front. Did you install a 1.5 inch over coil spring spacer on the rear or did you leave the rear height stock? What exact size BFG's did you install without any rubbing?? Did you install this kit yourself or have it installed? Thank you very much for your time.

Reaction score
Here is mine, I put a CCM Leveling kit on this summer and squeezed 305/55R20 BFG's on it.

Attachments

• NEW LIFT 4.jpg
    NEW LIFT 4.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 128
  • Driver SIDE BFG.jpg
    Driver SIDE BFG.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 142
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 105
  • NEW LIFT 3.jpg
    NEW LIFT 3.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 106

baccaglio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
CCM leveling kit

Dave thanks for the reply to my post. Your tahoe looks great! So what size CCM kit did you put on your truck. Did you install the leveling kit on both the front and rear or just the front? Did you install it yourself and if so how difficult was the installation? Thanks so much for your time!!!

Reaction score
baccaglio- Thanks for the compliment, the CCM kit comes with a 2.5in spacer for the front and a 1in spacer for the rear. I put both of them on my Tahoe and with the tires my fenders are right at 40.5 inches. You don’t have to put the rear spacer in, but then you will achieve a cali lean, which if you plan on towing I would not recommend that you do that because the rear drops enough with the leveling kit installed. I did not install it myself but I brought it to my buddies shop and he put it on for me and it took him around two hours or so. You can’t go wrong with this leveling kit, and if you run stock offset rims then you can squeeze 305’s if you want, with trimming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cpellegrino