Need lifting suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cartwright

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would have more of nose down stance if you went that high in the back right? I cant even remember how level mine is sitting stock. Been out of town since i bought it. The Z71's sit the same as the standard tahoes correct?

No you would lift up the front 1.5-2" and then lift the whole body up 2-3", So the front might be a tad higher thn the back. You wouldnt be touching the back suspesnion at all. I dont know if they are the same. I havent really looked at the two next to eachother.

OP
OP
K

KSwizzy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Gotcha. I overlooked the BL.

From things i read. Body lifts aren't said to be the safest way to do it. At least thats what read. It would seem like a coil spacer plus maybe a shock is the best bet. Do you know what the max is you can go safely on a coil spacer?

Cartwright

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothign wrong with a Body Lift. Ive had mine on for 3 years and have beat the piss out of the truck. Ive never had a problem with or or known anyone that has had a problem with one. There is alot of people that hate on them for no reason.

I know alot of people that run a 2.5".

OP
OP
K

KSwizzy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
is there anything visually different from a coil or shock lift against a body lift?

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So from what i understand something like the truxx 2.5" front, 1.25" rear lift would work well for me. then possibly picking up a set of shocks for some additional height if i wanted.

Adding shocks alone will not change the height of the vehicle. There isn't a "shock lift", not sure what you mean.

As far as difference in looks between the coil spacer and BL:
- For the coil spacer, the only appearance change would be the increased height and room in the wheel well.
- The BL will have a gap between the body and ladder frame. So depending on the BL and truck use you may need to reposition the side step bars, reposition the hitch, and/or need gap guards to hide the gaps in the wheel wells and between the body and frame. No real increase in clearance except for increased tire diameter.

I have had experience with small body lifts and have had no problems, but I prefer using level kits or if I needed more clearance get a proper lift kit.

OP
OP
K

KSwizzy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can you give me a part number on a 2.5" - 1.5" leveling kit just so I don't order the wrong thing. I believe there were 2 different ones for a tahoe on truxx site. Is there anything better, or priced better?

The lift shocks I was referring to was what nnaboy said about about adding a 1" lift shock. Not sure if I misunderstood or not.

OP
OP
K

KSwizzy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered the CCM 2.5" lift. Should have it on this week. I'm still looking for wheels. Believe im gonna go with 18's. Can i fit bigger than 33's under that without having to tirm medal?

Also can anyone tell me what backspacing an such would look an work best on the wheels?

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome, post some pics when done! Yeah, to fit anything bigger than 33s some trimming will be needed.

Since everyone is showing there level kit, here is a picture of my Z71. I need new tires soon...

husmall.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cpellegrino