need helper bags for a 97 2dr with a flip kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No need to apologize. Thats why I posted pics. Figured others could use them in the future. Like now :)

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually I was wrong, that would be roughly a 5.5" drop. If I used my stock hangers that would be a 7" drop. Though it seems like it is a 7 when aired out. Its almost tucking tire, maybe another inch.

With the BellTech flip kit you have two options.
1.) 5.5 drop with the supplied lift hangers and flipping the axle
2.) 7" drop with stock hangers and flipping the axle.

Heres a few shots to give you an idea.

Before drop
IMG00201-20091216-1454.jpg

After drop/aired out
DSC02622.gif

After drop with about 85lbs in the bags
DSC02609.jpg

Last edited:

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are stock height. I dont remember exactly, 28 or 29 inches tall.
Grabbing one of what? Helper bags.
No onboard compressor, well I shouldnt say that I have a portable one that I leave in the back. Though it would be a good idea.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I have a T connector right behind the hitch and a small length of line to come off of it and out by the hitch. Pretty ghetto but it works. I need to clean it up and mount it solid somewhere. Its just ziptied to the hitch right now.

wetvette92

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My rear fenders aren't rolled, but it is actually rubbing at times on the inside towards the rear of the wheel well. I thought about rolling my fender lip and adding a spacer to my wheel to space it out a little bit. I believe I am setting at a 5/7 drop, I thought about lifting it a little, but it looks pretty damn good right now.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Looks good" damn dude, that looks bad ass.
What size wheel/tire combo do you have?

I need to figure out what I'm going to do with my Hoe. Thats a little incouragement right there.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
+1 to looking damn good.. The flip kits usually put the truck over the expected drop. Id deff lift it up a hair.
Do you have your stock shackles in place? on my truck, i had stock shackles, now im going to a 1inch lifting shackle to get away from any rubbing, plus it looks better to match the front. seems like your ass is a little down compared to the front in the picture..

(need to remove the rear wiper, paint the pillars glossy black, and dome debadging :)) haha

heres my truck without the lifting shackle..
As you can see, with that flipkit it just sitstoo low in the back. parts should be here this week

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pamelapanian

Latest posts