Need help with Lock buttons!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Panner99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello I have a 1999 Denali. The issue i'm having is when I try and lock my doors with the switches they wont lock? They unlock fine. Also they will lock and unlock with the fob. When I press the lock on the switches I cant even hear a sound (relay or click). I replaced the relay under the dash, still nothing. The fuses look fine. Also I assume because the lock switch doesnt work, I have no alarm as well.

I'm at a loss. It looks like the was an old car starter installed. I found some wires with fuse holders under the dash. Maybe this is the culprit.

Please help!!!

OP
OP
P

Panner99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll take some pics tonight. I know they are not factory. They look like some hack put them in.

OP
OP
P

Panner99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here are the wires with fuse holder I found. The fuses are good. I feel that the car starter removal could be the issue. Im at a loss really, that is the only thing i can think of. fuse holder 1.jpg fuse holder 2.jpg

OP
OP
P

Panner99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not too sure, I will take a better look. This is driving me insane. Even the lock button in the hatch area and passenger door will only unlock. No switch will LOCK the doors, just the fob will.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645