Need help with a solution for wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BRIANCRAIG2010

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok here is the issue I bought a set of euromax 942's for a 100 dollars. Stupid me I didn't take tape measure with me to measure the lug spacing. They are for a trailblazer I'm wanting to put them on my Yukon. Any ideas how I should go about this? Really needing some input on this.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
If that back spacing is what you want, you can have them redrilled to fit your lug pattern. If you do that make sure it's done by a reputable shop. It can be done.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that back spacing is what you want, you can have them redrilled to fit your lug pattern. If you do that make sure it's done by a reputable shop. It can be done.

Sorry Tony, that is negatory (negaTony????).

If you redrill the holes offset from where they are now, then the round taper of the lug nuts will NOT work in ovaled holes. The only way you can redrill holes is if they are the old mag-style wheels that did not use tapered lugs, but used washers under the lugs to distribute the load (like the old Cragar 5-spoke mags). OR, if the holes are the correct pattern, but are only a 12mm (Toyota pattern) vs the 14mm we have, you CAN use a 9/16" drill bit and bore them out to fit (I've done it).

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Sorry Tony, that is negatory (negaTony????).

If you redrill the holes offset from where they are now, then the round taper of the lug nuts will NOT work in ovaled holes. The only way you can redrill holes is if they are the old mag-style wheels that did not use tapered lugs, but used washers under the lugs to distribute the load (like the old Cragar 5-spoke mags). OR, if the holes are the correct pattern, but are only a 12mm (Toyota pattern) vs the 14mm we have, you CAN use a 9/16" drill bit and bore them out to fit (I've done it).
I stand corrected. Years ago I worked with a guy who got a hold of Acura or BMW stickers and had them redrilled to fit some other car he had. The details are really fuzzy, but I was just going by that, I thought it could be done. I humbly apologize. :emotions133:

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stand corrected. Years ago I worked with a guy who got a hold of Acura or BMW stickers and had them redrilled to fit some other car he had. The details are really fuzzy, but I was just going by that, I thought it could be done. I humbly apologize. :emotions133:

'tis all good! We are all here to share information, to learn new things about the rides we take so much pride in!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought by redrill, you meant to drill new holes in between the current ones like the universal wheels have with their dual bolt patterns. Those 942s have dots in between the lug holes as if they were markers for additional holes. I think it would make them look more like "tuner" wheels, but it may be an option if you really want to keep them. Another option is to use the thinnest adapter possible, but you'll have to account for the extra spacing. I'm guessing the thinnest would be around 1"-1.25", and even then you might be trimming some off the tips of the lugs. The only other method is to have the hubs redrilled for the TB pattern, remove the current lugs and press new ones into the new holes. This is an extreme measure for $100 wheels as you'd always have buy wheels for a different vehicle when replacing them. Why were they so cheap? Are they damaged or was it a friend deal?

Last edited:
OP
OP
BRIANCRAIG2010

BRIANCRAIG2010

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found them on Facebook marketplace offered the guy a hundred and he bit. Other than that the wheels are in good condition other than som minor curb rash.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there enough space for adapters? I did kind of the same thing. Found a set on CL 22's with tires $600. They came off an F150 6 lug and I was able to try one before buying them. They were sooo close to fitting. One hole was a couple mm off. I didn't have the stones to open that one hole just a tiny bit so I bought adapters.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there enough space for adapters? I did kind of the same thing. Found a set on CL 22's with tires $600. They came off an F150 6 lug and I was able to try one before buying them. They were sooo close to fitting. One hole was a couple mm off. I didn't have the stones to open that one hole just a tiny bit so I bought adapters.

Going that route saved you a wasted $600, possibly some damage to your truck and possibly saved your life and/or someone else's on the highway.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had so many people telling me that Ford 6 lug and GM were the same. These were mechanics. Not wheel and tire guys but mechanics none the less. My wife always says go with your gut and mine just wasn't right. While we all try to give honest feedback to those asking for help I'd say when it comes to safety issues like this (I put 60k miles on that set up and lots of it was with 5-6 people in the car going 75-80 mph on the freeway) get several opinions and consult at least one expert. Thanks for backing me up on this iamdub.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thathighlife7