Need Help Putting The Dome Override Button Back Together...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is so stupid, I can't believe I have to make a post about this... I put LEDs in my headlight selector/dimmer/dome override switch and I'm having issues with the dome override button. It's supposed to stay part of the way in when you press it once (like a toggle button) and it won't click in, just comes back out when you release it. I know it works because when you press it the dome lights go off. When I first opened the switch a spring and a little gold disc (about half the size of a dime) fell out. I put the spring back into the dome override button but I have no idea where the little gold disc goes. I'm thinking it has something to do with this? I don't see any mechanism to hold the button back in place when you press it. There is like a smaller double spring in the back of the button though. I tried to get a good picture of this.. Someone has to have had this same issue before! This is on a 2004 Yukon.

WIN_20161106_22_08_50_Pro.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can buy a new used switch on EBay for like $15 then swap it out or reverse engineer it to save face then you dont need to start a post. Oops too late.

OP
OP
Justinj360

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figured it out... I realized the little gold disc slides UNDER the button. I never would have guessed that. Hopefully this helps someone else out with the same problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cayukon