Need help lifting my 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
COUNTRY_BOY_TILL_DEATH
Reaction score
I wouldn't go bigger than 33's. Depends on the exact tire. 33" Toyo MTs rub a tiny bit when I have the wheels cranked all the way and I'm backing up sometimes. But I've heard people say they run 295/305 tires with no rub. Different manufacturers and different tread patterns will throw off the exact "measurements".

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 via Tapatalk for Android

okay thanks this will help out a bunch when I go to order everything

OP
OP
COUNTRY_BOY_TILL_DEATH
Reaction score
Rough Country

Could i go with rough country shocks instead of bilsteins? it sounds stupid but the shocks are a lot cheaper and i'm a 16 year old guy with one job. so money is kind of tight.

owl_93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could i go with rough country shocks instead of bilsteins? it sounds stupid but the shocks are a lot cheaper and i'm a 16 year old guy with one job. so money is kind of tight.
They would work, but shocks are a critical part of the process here as they are what will save your ride quality after you crank out your keys. I personally would wait another couple paychecks and go with the Bilsteins but you could buy cheaper shocks if you don't care that much. One thing is for sure, comparing RC with Bilsteins is like comparing a McDonalds burger patty with a tri tip

OP
OP
COUNTRY_BOY_TILL_DEATH
Reaction score
They would work, but shocks are a critical part of the process here as they are what will save your ride quality after you crank out your keys. I personally would wait another couple paychecks and go with the Bilsteins but you could buy cheaper shocks if you don't care that much. One thing is for sure, comparing RC with Bilsteins is like comparing a McDonalds burger patty with a tri tip

Oh well would I be better off getting a rough country leveling kit with the upgraded keys? I'm just trying to buy this stuff because I'm sick of waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

owl_93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh well would I be better off getting a rough country leveling kit with the upgraded keys? I'm just trying to buy this stuff because I'm sick of waiting.

Does the kit include everything? I remember seeing RCs keys and spacers and thinking they were overpriced. My keys and spacers together were only $80, Bilsteins were $300, and coils were $60. None of this included tax. I'm in Cali so sales tax is a *****. Basically $500 all said and done after tax and shipping

OP
OP
COUNTRY_BOY_TILL_DEATH
Reaction score
Does the kit include everything? I remember seeing RCs keys and spacers and thinking they were overpriced. My keys and spacers together were only $80, Bilsteins were $300, and coils were $60. None of this included tax. I'm in Cali so sales tax is a *****. Basically $500 all said and done after tax and shipping

The leveling kit is only $260 and I would buy new coils but yes it does come with keys and spacers and shocks. Just not coils, which I would buy.

owl_93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The leveling kit is only $260 and I would buy new coils but yes it does come with keys and spacers and shocks. Just not coils, which I would buy.

Well, I suppose you could always throw bilsteins in there at some point in the future when you have an extra $300 laying around. Again, if it were me I would wait for a couple more pay days but trust me do I know what it feels like to be anxious to get it done. I stared at the parts on my floor for the better part of two months before I had enough $ to do wheels, tires, brakes, and all the leveling stuff.

OP
OP
COUNTRY_BOY_TILL_DEATH
Reaction score
Well, I suppose you could always throw bilsteins in there at some point in the future when you have an extra $300 laying around. Again, if it were me I would wait for a couple more pay days but trust me do I know what it feels like to be anxious to get it done. I stared at the parts on my floor for the better part of two months before I had enough $ to do wheels, tires, brakes, and all the leveling stuff.

Yeah well my Tahoe is in the shop right now So I need a brand new steering shaft and brand new tires. So now I really can't wait anymore to do this. I think I might just go with the leveling kit and eventually buy all the big shit.

owl_93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah well my Tahoe is in the shop right now So I need a brand new steering shaft and brand new tires. So now I really can't wait anymore to do this. I think I might just go with the leveling kit and eventually buy all the big shit.

Good luck man. Like I said, you can always throw Bilsteins in later on if the RC shocks end up being crappy. Might not be a big deal on pavement, but when you hit the trails, the quality will apparent. Post pics back here when she's all finished up

OP
OP
COUNTRY_BOY_TILL_DEATH
Reaction score
Good luck man. Like I said, you can always throw Bilsteins in later on if the RC shocks end up being crappy. Might not be a big deal on pavement, but when you hit the trails, the quality will apparent. Post pics back here when she's all finished up

Alright man I definitely will. I just need to work more haha. And don't worry I love taking pictures of my girl haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DGeneration420