need help I'm steering column issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
steering wheel problem

I was involved in a wreck awhile back and due to it was forced into the steering wheel pretty hard an now months later it's wobbles everywhere I've searched and all I could find was info about the ISS problems on these trucks. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about bearing in the upper part of the steering column? any help is greatly appreciated!

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
I was involved in a wreck awhile back and due to it was forced into the steering wheel pretty hard an now months later it's wobbles everywhere I've searched and all I could find was info about the ISS problems on these trucks. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about bearing in the upper part of the steering column? any help is greatly appreciated!

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Google steering wheel clunk. They sell A new shaft improved as the old one wears very easy.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
it's not the ISS this an upper bearing issue I have a new ISS already just can't seem to find any info on this bearing. I can pull the wheel in and out about a half once and it's wobbles around like an inch and a half either direction side-to-side or up and down

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
tore it apart and found the issue. the part was called a housing seat. was right behind the bearing before the spring. it has crushed an was causing the slack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dela