NBS console swap with Floor mounted 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
So i picked up a nbs console from a charcoal interior 99 nbs. I plan to clean it up and paint it before installing it in my 'Hoe but there's the ever present issue with the floor mounted 4wd lever... that isn't going to be nearly as much trouble as i originally thought. Here are the pictures with the old console removed and the new one test fit in it's place, no trimming has taken place as of this time. The plan is to use duplicolor NV110 Vinyl spray to match the original burgandy color we'll see how that goes...
sejurydy.jpg5y2epypy.jpg

Depending on how i mount the console I'm thinking i can swap out the shift arm for the NBS one that's straight, or turn this one 180* and i'll be able to mount the console and still shift, it would be similar to how the denali console fits with the floor shift.
Does anyone know what the part number is for that shifter?

Last edited:

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice... I think flipping the lever 180 would do the trick... Mayb even a custom lever longer in length and a greater bend to avoid busting ur knuckles on the nbs console...

OP
OP
chaingun427

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I picked up the nbs shifter a few minutes ago I think once I get everything cleand up ill just heat it and bend it over a few degrees

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

Here's the nbs lever with my favorite shift knob installed. I know it's cheesy but it extends the throw and I've had one in every car I've ever owned 2any9udu.jpgu8a6atus.jpgvady3yna.jpg

OP
OP
chaingun427

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
lol Actual Souther Teir Brew is one of my customers and i have a few of their old tap levers sitting around, but i think that would probably send the wrong message to the police were i to be pulled over, I'm definately going to have to bend the 4WD shifter to the left a bit as it hits the console in 4lo, not bad but enough that it will ruin the paint job i'm going to do

OP
OP
chaingun427

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Quick update, ive trimmed the front of the console for a better fit to the dash but due to the way I jave the console in at a slight angle the right side is even more off than it would have been. I dont have any fiberglass experience or equipment. Any other ways to build that section up? Maybe plastic weld on mpre material and finish it really well?

RynoHarris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm doing this exact same thing. Except my console is from a 2003 yukon. My plan was to just cut a hole in the side where the shifter sits and convert that piece I cut out into a snap on cover so I can get to the shifter when needed. Your idea is much better and will let me keep the bose sub that goes where the shifter is in the way. Was also looking for what color my burgundy interior is...thanks!! Subscribed to see what you do to fill the passenger gap. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to just learn how to fiberglass to get mine to fit flush to the dash the right way... Lol btw, how in the world does the shift knob remove? Mine doesn't seem to screw on?

Sent from my HTC One X

OP
OP
chaingun427

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I used a crowbar to pull up on it, I'm not positive goes well the nv110 is going to match yet I'll let you know. The large gap in the side I'm planning on getting a peice of textured plastic and cutting it to shape and either velcroing or epoxying.it into place ill take a pic of the area in undecided on when I get home

RynoHarris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright thanks man. Where do you find textured plastic?

Sent from my HTC One X

OP
OP
chaingun427

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Other interior panels

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

In particular im thinking the glove box of the donor truck the console came out of

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leno1364