Nbs center console in obs hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
new member to the site and first thread, but long time follower and reader. I bought a center console(upper/lower nomounting bracket or electronics) for an 02 hoe and would like to get it into my tahoe limited if any one has attempted this or knows some that has and can give me a few pointers i would greatly appreciate it...
!!!!UPDATE!!!!
stevestahoestuff015.jpg
So here it is... It was shea in color no mounting bracket, no Electronic components.
HPIM0726.jpg
After removing about 12 or so screws, its completely part.
HPIM0723.jpg
I placed all the plastics in the tub and gave them a good scrub with some dawn dish soap. this is an important step before painting.
HPIM0729.jpg
Here I simply hung these pieces up with sum fishin string.
HPIM0731.jpg
I used 3 cans and put on 3 coats, this stuff worked great and its very inexpensive and its available at any auto store.
HPIM0756.jpg HPIM0761.jpg
after the 3rd coat...
stevestahoestuff012.jpg
now here this bracket will not sit flush against the lower dash of the obs so some trimming is in order...
stevestahoestuff013.jpg
stevestahoestuff007.jpg
HPIM0675.jpg
HPIM0671.jpg
before trimming
2011-02-06145352.jpg
2011-02-06145254-1.jpg
2011-02-06145426.jpg
After trimming... *note the 3rd pic* the console will not sit flush to the dash on the passengers side so some fiber glassing is going to b needed to make this look correct also you will have to rigg something so that the small compartment pockets are functional... To brace it down I used some simple L brackets and bolted it down to the floor and thats all... there was really nothing to complicated about this upgrade i seriously encourage every1 to give this a shot... If theres n e thing i can do 2 help please let me know and ill try to do my best... i hope this thread will atleast get u started of on the right foot...

Last edited:

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother put a 2001 console in his 91 Chevy truck. What he did was took off the section with the cassette/CD holder compartment and just installed the bottom section with the actual floor console and cup holders. He had to drill holes to bolt it to the floor. And with the front section gone, and the console being so close to the dash, you couldn't see that there was an opening on the front of the console.

OP
OP
Monstar_est87

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hummm... Im kinda hoping to get this done using the top... just to give it a factory look... kinda like it was ment to be...

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You want a factory look then get a center console from 99-00 Denali or Escalade.

Next closest step would be from a Ford Expedition. If you interested in the Expo i'll search for the Yr.

ff40

OP
OP
Monstar_est87

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seen those to but im tryna get a more full enclosed factory look everything falls off of the obs ceneters...

OP
OP
Monstar_est87

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score

gulleyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever get this done Monstar_est87, I've been looking for a GOOD write-up on this for a long time. Every one that I've seen doesn't say more than it took some hacking...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vadenA77