NBS - 2nd Row Bench Seat Wanted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JesusArTorres

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello. I am looking for a tan bench seat for my 03 yukon. I have leather capitan's chairs, but need a bench so I can put my sons carseat in the middle. Let me know what you have. I am located In San Angelo Tx. Thanks

Are you still looking for that bench seat? I have an 03 Yukon with those in tan. Let me know and I'll send pics.

ticketmagnet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wasn't sure enough in wanting the bench to trade for my buckets and I got tired of waiting for a deal on a Sub/XL bench, so I ended up getting a 60/40 bench from a 2001 Yukon Denali (SWB) cheap and swapped it into my 2005 Yukon XL (LWB). Swapping between the bench and the buckets is a now a bolt-in affair.

Initially, though, it was a cut, weld, fabricate, mix and match parts affair. Since the SWB doesn't have the sliding seat, I kept that base and swapped the "40" seat onto it. This retains the ability to flip the seat or slide the seat. The only downside is that the flip handle is near the floor (as standard for the bucket seat) on the PS, while it is at the base of the seat back on the DS (as standard for the bench). This is a little harder for the 3rd row passengers to slide the seat. With the buckets they never bothered, they just walked through the aisle.

I've had this bench in since December and still haven't painted the reworked seat frame. I had a use for 8 passenger back then and thought I would swap the buckets back soon and paint it then, but we honestly haven't been annoyed with the bench enough to take it out yet. The extra seat comes in handy at least every other week it seems. (We are a family of 6, BTW).

Mister H12

Undercover Racecar
Reaction score
I have a grey cloth bench seat for sale if anyone needs bench. Small issues, one seat buckle is missing the plastic cover, buckle works perfect though, and little tear on the back side from sliding stuff over it in the cargo area. I have the two folding pieces that go behind the seats, as well as most of the plastic pieces that go over the bolts. In West Tennessee, could meet if close. $300.

Attachments

• 20140804_173343.jpg
    20140804_173343.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 9
  • 20140804_173349.jpg
    20140804_173349.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 7

DirtyBlackHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2004 Tahoe tan bench looking for tan buckets

2007 Suburban Ebony bench...looking for ebony buckets

Thomasville, GA

Renzo778

Reaction score
02 Denali swb 2 tone gray looking to swap bench
for buckets in Louisiana.

ticketmagnet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I swapped a Yukon bench into my Yukon XL over a year ago and thought some here would be interested in the swap. As most of you know, it does not bolt it as the LWB and SWB have different floors and mounting patterns. This was more of a cut, weld, grind, fab and then bolt-in swap. This was '02 Yukon Denali bench into '05 XL that had buckets. I did this because I couldn't find an XL/Sub bench outright for less than $800 and ended up finding the SWB bench in good shape for $50 (and I'm a sucker for deals & projects).

Goals:
-Modify the bench seat only, no mods to the truck and no permanent changes to the buckets
-Ability to back out and return everything to stock with just wrenches
-Ability to swap between bench and bucket whenever in a reasonable amount of time

Passenger side:
-I kept the XL seat base, to preserve the slide-forward feature. This requires using the whole seat back hinge mechanism.
-The bottom "flip-up" part of the seat is the same on both, so it swaps with just the two hinge bolts and latches the same. This concludes the "easy peasey" portion of the swap :)
-The seat backs have different hinges, but they do bolt on the same. The leather can be disconnected at the base of the seat back to access these 3 bolts, although the top one on the outside is hard to reach.
-I had to fabricate a "cam" type thingy to fit into the seatbelt side of the hinge. This actuates a pin that allows the seat back to flip forward or keeps it locked in place (IIRC).

Driver side:
-The bucket was removed whole and the entire SWB bench frame was used. This preserves all folding and adjustment functions without any fabrication
-The rear mounting points were cut off and new ones mounted lower and in slightly different locations. This bench half now uses 3 of the stock bucket attachment points. The RR is not used. Instead, the RR of the bench is now shared with the LR of the passenger side seat.
-For center seatbelt attachment, a bracket was fabricated to attach to the (now) unused RR mount for the left bucket seat. This is a few inches tall, to account for the difference in floor heights.

I should mention that I did not use the fold-down "gap filler" panels at all for this.

I ran the bench setup for a little more than a rear and recently switched back. The swap took me a little over an hour with air tools, so it wasn't the breeze I was hoping for, but acceptable to do once or twice a year.

So there you have it - some say "it can't be done". I say "it can, but you probably won't think it's worth it."

JesusArTorres

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Want to trade for buckets near Tulsa, OK.
778fcbc17cad78139a7e381b9d5bec81.jpg

57ebe63cc866d713c4f6c1ebe25f11a4.jpg

ff9fbe16b7e5e9a32ef749b79b515aba.jpg

9aabad4833ac995fa453edd89ebc5f53.jpg

blazerjohnny94

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a set of esky xl (esky headrests) heated or burban middle row captains tan lt neautral plastics with all plastics and carpet rear peices one seat no longer reclines( have not looked at it could be cable) would love to trade for Tahoe tan captains located near central Florida but will also sell outright if it may help anyone located near me I know shipping can be rough on items like this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900