Mystery solved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1999hoe

aka HOVERHOE
Reaction score
So i finally figured out my trucks p0300 code issue ..
Parts changed
coolant temp sensor
Gnition control module
fuel pressure regulator
cam position sensor
new spark plugs
new plug wires
new dist. cap
new rotor
new spider injector assembly
turns out after i changed cap rotor and wires it was still running like.shit maybe even a tad worse so i figured the injector assembly was the culprit and didnt mind changin it since it also.contained the new fuel pressure regulator so my mechanic blew the holes and gas spit out of cylinder 5 so.good call on changing.that after it was installed it fired quick no.backfirws or anything (previously backfired so hard and broke the starter housing on my brand new starter )but still couldnt figure out why the code was there and why its still misfiring well when.i replaced the cap i bought what i.was told was the.best cap rotor they had which was made by accel well after everythig else my mech says lets change the cap.again so this time i grabbed the ac delco version and presto chango misfire gone after all the aches and.pains it was the ******** cap which was the first thing i changed

mranum

Reaction score
As dumb as it may sound I have zero faith anymore with any aftermarket ignition products. So many times I have put on aftermarket parts, only to have to take them back off and put on OEM parts. Very frustrating. :thumbsdown:

Happy to hear you got it figured out though.

inthechateau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it figured out. I've gone through 3 or 4 caps and rotors to get issues fixed before

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihtblzr