my wheel fell off.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
so i had to pull out my front right half shaft... that was 4 hours of cutting and chiselin, but it came out. then no one told me i had to leave the splined section on the spindle/hub and i started down the road to get a new half shaft, and well my wheel fell of my truck. it didint damage anything but i need to replace the hub and new stub shaft and everything will be good again. i am soon thinking about converting over to 2wd but keeping the 6 lug

99Yukon_Z71

Crazy Puerto Rican
Reaction score
The hub is bolted on the spindle with 3 bolts, I cannot understand how the tire fell off unless the bearings failed in your hub assembly. The cv shaft has nothing to do with the hub other than to turn it when you engage 4WD.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hub is bolted on the spindle with 3 bolts, I cannot understand how the tire fell off unless the bearings failed in your hub assembly. The cv shaft has nothing to do with the hub other than to turn it when you engage 4WD.

its a known fact that when you take a cv out, you have to leave the half shaft in there...theres the nut that locks the cv axle into the bearing assembly..many people have broke a cv mudding then tried just driving home without it in and they loose a wheel..idk why, but you have to have the half of the cv in there..

T-Bagg

The Esca-Hoe driver.
Reaction score
I did this exact same thing. I thought I could make the hour and a half drive home. Luckily it fell off while I was still on the dirt and not after I got to highway speeds.

OP
OP
D

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
its a known fact that when you take a cv out, you have to leave the half shaft in there...theres the nut that locks the cv axle into the bearing assembly..many people have broke a cv mudding then tried just driving home without it in and they loose a wheel..idk why, but you have to have the half of the cv in there..

thats exactly what happened but with out the mud, it just started grinding and so i pulled it out... bad idea i guess. not i need a new hub.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz