My fuel trim readings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im dealing with evap problem
the evap system will not cause any driveability issues if a valve or canister was clogged it wont affect fuel trim
it just causes pressure to buildup in the gas tank the vapor has no where to go
wich it sounds like your expieriencing eventually when the pcm tests the evap system your going to get a code
as well id just go replace the big plastic canister next to your gas tank the vent valve solenoid as well as the purge valve solenoid
you can get all those parts on amazon for less the 150 bucks

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
what big plastic container next to the gas tank? also not all of these vehicles have codes for pressure problems. a lot of that did not come into play until 1998 when pressure sensors were added to the fuel tanks. if vacuum or pressure in the tank gets to be to much the gas cap is designed to vent the tank a bit.

eswarden

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Now I notice loud pops coming from the gas tank area. It did it twice while I was idling and was pretty loud. Sounds like a can popping.

Did the noise come from the inside of your fuel tank? Do you have any way of testing your fuel pressure? Just a guess, but you might have some crud in your tank or the pump itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia