my abs kicks in when breaking at slow speeds on dry ground

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

misspooh

Reaction score
this happened with my truck, the abs kicked on at low speeds but no abs light. it was my wheel speed sensor. i replaced both front hub assembleys and the problem was solved.

EpicRasta

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm seriously beginning to hate the brakes on our trucks....from the CRAPPY ABS to the fact that the pedal is mushy no matter waht you do...hydroboost, upgraded pads, aftermarket kits (Wilwood).

THast why i'm gonna figure out some way to junk all the abs related components and have it NON-ABS...lol i just don't know how to do it yet

OP
OP

99tallhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
allright thanks, il look into that. seems to only happen on hot days. like every other problem i have with the truck

EpicRasta

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
allright thanks, il look into that. seems to only happen on hot days. like every other problem i have with the truck
hey i've also heard that if you have oversized tires this can happen as well. Furthermore, have you tried unplugging the ABS all together?? its a clip thats on the abs pump that goes to the abs ecu.

RSTahoe99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Check your vacuum hoses also, mine was acting like crap and i found a rubber ninety boot that tore completely in half. I replaced the rubber boot for 7 bux, now the brakes work like they are supposed to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA