My 2022 Tahoe Bose Audio Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ddubdb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, Great thread here! I just picked up a 2023 Tahoe Premier - 10 Speaker Bose system. Like you all I find the bass non existent so ordered up the 84877614 sub box. Looking around today peeking at the left rear quarter where this box will go just to look at mounting points etc. Come to find out there's no stock sub there? Does anyone know where the Bose sub is? Is it located in the center console? Also where are most of you tapping in to get sub signal?

Last edited:

JimJones

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all, Great thread here! I just picked up a 2023 Tahoe Premier - 10 Speaker Bose system. Like you all I find the bass non existent so ordered up the 84877614 sub box. Looking around today peeking at the left rear quarter where this box will go just to look at mounting points etc. Come to find out there's no stock sub there? Does anyone know where the Bose sub is? Is it located in the center console? Also where are most of you tapping in to get sub signal?
I have the same question. I have a 2021 Tahoe Premier with the 10 speaker Bose and I don't have a sub in the rear left quarter.

I also want to say thank you to everyone for sharing their knowledge in this thread. I am looking forward to undertaking this mod!

Jdsmooth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is an awesome thread, and thanks to all for inspiring my Subwoofer add to my 2023 Suburban RST. I have a couple of questions after reading the entire thread:

- I am thinking it would be best to use an Audiocontrol LC2i to correct the Bose bass attenuation. I’ve used this device successfully a few times in the past. What speaker leads do I want to tap? The rear speakers or the subwoofer output?
- what hardware do I need to attach the Escalade box (already ordered) to an RST with no rear sub?
- can I use a power lead in the rear of the truck as opposed to running a power line to the battery? I’m going to be using a smaller amp, maybe class D even.
- a side benefit to using the audio control LC2i is that it auto senses audio for turn on and provides and amp turn on wire.
- what grommet do I need to run the wires into the stock Escalade box?
- did everyone leave the small front console Bose sun functional after adding the rear sub? I figured I would as it would fill in the mid bass.

Thanks in advance, and once I get going I will pay it forward.

JimJones

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is an awesome thread, and thanks to all for inspiring my Subwoofer add to my 2023 Suburban RST. I have a couple of questions after reading the entire thread:

- I am thinking it would be best to use an Audiocontrol LC2i to correct the Bose bass attenuation. I’ve used this device successfully a few times in the past. What speaker leads do I want to tap? The rear speakers or the subwoofer output?
- what hardware do I need to attach the Escalade box (already ordered) to an RST with no rear sub?
- can I use a power lead in the rear of the truck as opposed to running a power line to the battery? I’m going to be using a smaller amp, maybe class D even.
- a side benefit to using the audio control LC2i is that it auto senses audio for turn on and provides and amp turn on wire.
- what grommet do I need to run the wires into the stock Escalade box?
- did everyone leave the small front console Bose sun functional after adding the rear sub? I figured I would as it would fill in the mid bass.

Thanks in advance, and once I get going I will pay it forward.

I recently completed this mod on my 2021 Tahoe Premier. I did the Alpine sub with the boss audio Amp to keep the cost down. I got the box off of Ebay as a lot of the online parts sites did not have it in stock and didn't know when they would get it because of the strike. I ended up paying about $180 shipped.

I will try and answer your questions.

-LC2i - I originally skipped doing the LC2i, but ended up adding it to the mix. The bass roll-off or attenuation is pretty significant. It should be here tomorrow and I plan to hook it up this weekend.
- Speaker wire to tap - Lancecc1 posted a youtube video on page 5 of this thread that shows tapping the speaker wires in a silverado. I did exactly as they did in the video
- Hardware - There are two existing bolts on the floor behind the side panel you used to attach the box at the bottom. Then I got a few washers and nuts from Home Depot to help secure the box on the top. That was it.
- I don't know about using a power lead in the rear. I did mine from the battery as in the video. It was pretty easy to pass through the firewall and then I used fish tape to run the wires from the front to the back.
- I used the existing Grommet to run the wires in to the box. You can pop it out pretty easily and then do what you need to do with it before popping it back in. I used a drill to make the holes bigger to pass the speaker wires through.
- Yes, I left the front console sub alone.

The youtube video showed how they tapped the front fuse for the remote wire. In my Tahoe the fuse they used provides a constant 12V, which would make the amp never turn off and drain the battery over time. I ended up using a Micro3 fuse tap on fuse F26 for on/off functionality

The only other issue had was figuring out how to detach the USB wire holder from the side panel. I was afraid to break it, and it took an embarrassingly long time to figure it out, but I did.

Thanks again to everyone who shared their knowledge on doing this mod. I am not super handy and have only done one other car audio install back in 2018. So, if I can do it, you can too.

Last edited:

ddubdb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also tap the solid yellow and yellow/black wires at the amplifier. Finished my install this past weekend. Looking at the amp while it’s mounted you’ll see the twisted yellow wires on the right connector.

Jdsmooth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently completed this mod on my 2021 Tahoe Premier. I did the Alpine sub with the boss audio Amp to keep the cost down. I got the box off of Ebay as a lot of the online parts sites did not have it in stock and didn't know when they would get it because of the strike. I ended up paying about $180 shipped.

I will try and answer your questions.

-LC2i - I originally skipped doing the LC2i, but ended up adding it to the mix. The bass roll-off or attenuation is pretty significant. It should be here tomorrow and I plan to hook it up this weekend.
- Speaker wire to tap - Lancecc1 posted a youtube video on page 5 of this thread that shows tapping the speaker wires in a silverado. I did exactly as they did in the video
- Hardware - There are two existing bolts on the floor behind the side panel you used to attach the box at the bottom. Then I got a few washers and nuts from Home Depot to help secure the box on the top. That was it.
- I don't know about using a power lead in the rear. I did mine from the battery as in the video. It was pretty easy to pass through the firewall and then I used fish tape to run the wires from the front to the back.
- I used the existing Grommet to run the wires in to the box. You can pop it out pretty easily and then do what you need to do with it before popping it back in. I used a drill to make the holes bigger to pass the speaker wires through.
- Yes, I left the front console sub alone.

The youtube video showed how they tapped the front fuse for the remote wire. In my Tahoe the fuse they used provides a constant 12V, which would make the amp never turn off and drain the battery over time. I ended up using a Micro3 fuse tap on fuse F26 for on/off functionality

The only other issue had was figuring out how to detach the USB wire holder from the side panel. I was afraid to break it, and it took an embarrassingly long time to figure it out, but I did.

Thanks again to everyone who shared their knowledge on doing this mod. I am not super handy and have only done one other car audio install back in 2018. So, if I can do it, you can too.
Thank you for an awesome and detailed reply. I appreciate the time and effort. One last question…. Do you remember the nut size you got from Home Depot? M6 perhaps?

I’m wondering what signal the yellow twisted wires are exactly, but if it works, it works.

Will you post in this thread and let me know how the LC2i works for you? I’ve had good luck with it in these Bose systems before. I may go with the pro to get the extra tuning ability and the bass knob.

I am assembling all of my parts now, ordered the sub tonight.

Thanks again for taking the time to help!

JimJones

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for an awesome and detailed reply. I appreciate the time and effort. One last question…. Do you remember the nut size you got from Home Depot? M6 perhaps?

I’m wondering what signal the yellow twisted wires are exactly, but if it works, it works.

Will you post in this thread and let me know how the LC2i works for you? I’ve had good luck with it in these Bose systems before. I may go with the pro to get the extra tuning ability and the bass knob.

I am assembling all of my parts now, ordered the sub tonight.

Thanks again for taking the time to help!
You're welcome. We all should pay it forward!.

You are spot on. They were M6 nuts 1.0mm. My LC2i arrived last night. Now I just gotta find time to install.

Jdsmooth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You're welcome. We all should pay it forward!.

You are spot on. They were M6 nuts 1.0mm. My LC2i arrived last night. Now I just gotta find time to install.
I think I am going to do the LC2i and the Epicenter processor. I have an Epicenter from an old install I can reuse. Ordering the LC2i now. Looking forward to hearing how it works for you. I’m thinking/hoping it will make a dramatic difference.

JimJones

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think I am going to do the LC2i and the Epicenter processor. I have an Epicenter from an old install I can reuse. Ordering the LC2i now. Looking forward to hearing how it works for you. I’m thinking/hoping it will make a dramatic difference.
I just wrapped up installing my LC2i and man what a difference. before it felt like the sub was under powered and I even remember someone else making that comment. Well, its not under powered now. The thump its for real. Is it gonna wake my neighbors up coming down the block...no, but its make as serious difference. I was a little underwhelmed before adding it, but couldn't be happier now. Highly recommended for anyone looking do to this mod. My opinion is to skip the SNI-35 and just go with the LC2i.

kerlyb

Reaction score
With the dual voice coil 4 ohm Fosgate subwoofer, which wiring is best for this setup...2 ohm or 8 ohm?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
payneml