Multiple taillight failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bwall244

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As it seems with many others on here I've started experiencing taillight failure. At this point I'm at 32,000 miles and still under new car coverage. A week ago my first one went out. Ordered and had replaced, then during replacement the second one went out. It has now been ordered. I did have both of my backup bulbs replaced with LED's for the past 2 years, could that be related? Also so I understand it no service contracts cover this type of issue as I was considering buying one.

4OFFSHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As it seems with many others on here I've started experiencing taillight failure. At this point I'm at 32,000 miles and still under new car coverage. A week ago my first one went out. Ordered and had replaced, then during replacement the second one went out. It has now been ordered. I did have both of my backup bulbs replaced with LED's for the past 2 years, could that be related? Also so I understand it no service contracts cover this type of issue as I was considering buying one.
What is the exact year of your truck and model?
Mine is 2017 model and I too replaced the back up lights with LED ones, similar to how the Escalade back up lights are...all the Halogen bulbs seem so out of date now with all the LED ones they put on these trucks, why the factory mixes and matches is strange, but I swapped out my low beam headlights with LED units, the high beam lights were also switched to LED, as well as the fogs and license plate ones...all were original halogen and now LED. I have not had any issues, but I have a neighbor with a Yukon Denali, probably a 2015 and the driver side tail lamp and brake light is out, and spoke to a friend this weekend that lives in AZ that has a 2015 Yukon XL and he had to replace one of his as well...so not sure if there was a model year with specific issues, but if I have any LED Failures I will report.

OP
OP
B

bwall244

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What is the exact year of your truck and model?
Mine is 2017 model and I too replaced the back up lights with LED ones, similar to how the Escalade back up lights are...all the Halogen bulbs seem so out of date now with all the LED ones they put on these trucks, why the factory mixes and matches is strange, but I swapped out my low beam headlights with LED units, the high beam lights were also switched to LED, as well as the fogs and license plate ones...all were original halogen and now LED. I have not had any issues, but I have a neighbor with a Yukon Denali, probably a 2015 and the driver side tail lamp and brake light is out, and spoke to a friend this weekend that lives in AZ that has a 2015 Yukon XL and he had to replace one of his as well...so not sure if there was a model year with specific issues, but if I have any LED Failures I will report.
2016 Yukon Denali, had both of them replaced but havent switched out the reverse bulbs for LEDs yet this time around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645