Muffler set up???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fireman297

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I need help with an exhaust for my 2011 Tahoe. I was looking to replace the muffler and do the resonator delete. I have the delete worked out, but need help with the muffler. I would like to do a Borla or a NNBS GMPP muffler. I want something kind of throaty, but not crazy, because it is wifes daily driver. I am just not sure where what muffler Borla makes and where to get it. If someone has installed a Borla or GMPP on there NNBS Tahoe and could help me out with part numbers and where to pick one up, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, if anyone has some reviews on these two set ups that would help too. Thinking I might just stick with a MagnaFlow muffler, but I really like the sound of the Borlas.

Thanks for your help!!

plush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked out Corsa? I went with the Corsa sport and it is the best mod I have done. Of course it was 700 but it sounds bad ass. My wife even likes it. make one cut and bolt on

nj462

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say save up for the corsa, just be patient ! Lol

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
I recommed going with Corsa or GMPP touring.

GMPP can be purchased from your local Chevy dealer. For part numbers just go to Google and search 2011 GM Performance Parts Catalog. You should be able to find a free downloadable catalog. For discount GMPP prices I recommend these websites:

www.gmpartsdirect.com
www.gmpartsgiant.com
www.crateenginedepot.com

As for Corsa, shop around and you should be able to find some good deals.

xander569

Reaction score
If money is an issue, just do the resonator delete and wait until you can afford the corsa. I'm in the same boat and decided to wait on doing exhaust because I don't want the highway drone that comes with some of the cheaper kits.

wardo

Reaction score
i went with the Volant res-delete. I have a fully polished volant cat-back on my 300 srt, its good quality but not 100% best fit.

Muffler is a magnaflow, i have used mf on tons of my rides.

Attachments

• IMAG0207.jpg
    IMAG0207.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 58
  • IMAG0143-1.jpg
    IMAG0143-1.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMAG0206.jpg
    IMAG0206.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 49

olemiss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i went with the Volant res-delete. I have a fully polished volant cat-back on my 300 srt, its good quality but not 100% best fit.

Muffler is a magnaflow, i have used mf on tons of my rides.

wardo - How much did the sound change? I am wanting to do the same thing, but still want it to have a relatively quite sound.

Any sound bites?

motosaki

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did a flowmaster super 40 muffler and resinator delete. I got the muffler from summit w/ 3" inlet and outlet along w 2 3" to 2/34" reducers and a 90 degree bend for the resinator delete. Welded it all up and it sounds great. No drone on the highway and tolerable drone around town. all together i spend like $95. Thats my helper BTW

Attachments

• tahoe.jpg
    tahoe.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 39

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elfro