Moving / sliding front seats?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

"Big Blue"

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 2000 GMC Yukon SLT and have noticed that both of my front chairs will slightly slide forward (about an inch) when breaking. It started with my passenger seat and now the driver will do it sometimes as well. I have no idea on what it could be. Could the motor be dying and allowing it to move? I tried to check for any loose screws or anything that would result in this happening, and I didn't really come across anything. This is not a major concern, but it will sometimes freak out whoever's riding shotgun :p
Has anyone had this happen? Or any ideas on what it could be?
Thanks!

GeneralNoobzor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that you mention it, my seats did use to do this... Not sure what it was, doesn't do it anymore though. Let me know if you find anything.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the seat bottom or seat back do this?

OP
OP
"Big Blue"

"Big Blue"

Reaction score
Yes, it is the seat bottom but it is the entire seat itself that will shift. My driver's seat now moves even more. I tried looking to see if something was loose but I could not really tell. Sorry for the late response I've been away for awhile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brandonkeefe