more speakers???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02GMCyukon

Reaction score
ok,

2002 Yukon 4.8L

Factory subwoofer and I thought without bose....

Replaced my headunit, no longer have door chime or interior lights when ANY door is open.

Just replaced the rear subwoofer with a DVC 4ohm 8" RE audio subwoofer (running parallel @ 2ohms)(not the best in quality but affordable and a hell of alot better than the stock woofer)

In the process of swapping it I found there are 3 1/2' speakers in the rear quarter panels.

Installing 6 3/4" componets in the front next week and 6 3/4" coaxil's in the rear doors a week or 2 after eventually all will be powered by an amplifier.
And I guess a set of 3 1/2's in the rear quarters after that.

As of now the sub is powered by the factory amp.

Does this truck have the factory bose? if not why did I lose my chimes and lights. all fuses are good and door switches are good. everything works as it should when I put the factory hu back in.
There is a smaller harness that was plugged into the factory hu that is not being used now.
Do they sell an amp bypass kit for these trucks like they did with the older models?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J2PDeweese