Moog vs Mevotech... Hub bearings? Need reviews Asap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback everyone I appreciate it. I went with the Timkens and installed them yesterday along with a pair of bilstein 5100 shocks in the rear. But now I'm almost certain I have transfer case noise (and not a good one). Its an audible roaring noise at speeds above 10/15 mph and gets louder as speed increases. Plan to check fluid level in the morning (if it doesn't rain) and hopefully its low and I can add some oil and keep it going for a bit. If I do rebuild it every part of the drivetrain would have been rebuilt or new except for the engine in the 6.5 years I've had the truck. Cosmetics will be last. Rockers are rusting though.
What did you end up doing about transfer case noise? They all have a pin hole leak so I hope you addressed the pinhole as well as the other issue. I’m sure you have a pinhole unless previous owner fixed it

OP
OP
qthor

qthor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What did you end up doing about transfer case noise? They all have a pin hole leak so I hope you addressed the pinhole as well as the other issue. I’m sure you have a pinhole unless previous owner fixed it
I actually found that the donut shaped/ round rubber seal where the driveshaft enters/ exits the case was the leak. I replaced it a while ago and never came back and updated the post.

Reaction score
Did you look for the pin hole leak? Google “pin hole leak transfer case Tahoe” and you’ll see

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz