Missing tire pressure decal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lynnbilodeau

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2004 Yukon XL Denali 1500.

6.0, all wheel drive, 17 inch wheels.

Had some body work done on it many years ago. The tire pressure decal is missing. The owners manual is no help. Just says to air up the tires according to the decal. Duh.

If someone would be kind enough to post the cold tire pressure recommendations, I would appreciate it. I can just write it in the door jamb with permanent marker.

Thanks in advance.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2004 Yukon XL Denali 1500.

6.0, all wheel drive, 17 inch wheels.

Had some body work done on it many years ago. The tire pressure decal is missing. The owners manual is no help. Just says to air up the tires according to the decal. Duh.

If someone would be kind enough to post the cold tire pressure recommendations, I would appreciate it. I can just write it in the door jamb with permanent marker.

Thanks in advance.
it's on the sidewall of the tire, disregard anything else
no need to overcomplicate it......

OP
OP
L

lynnbilodeau

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The only thing on the sidewall is the max allowable. I want the recommended cold pressure as it is on the sticker.

I don't want to order a new sticker. Surely someone on this site has a similar vehicle. Just need the numbers.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only thing on the sidewall is the max allowable. I want the recommended cold pressure as it is on the sticker.

I don't want to order a new sticker. Surely someone on this site has a similar vehicle. Just need the numbers.
which is probably 44, it's not rocket science and I can assure you if you have any tire from 32-44 you will not be able to feel or tell the difference, they won't explode or cause a problem. your not driving a F1 car at 260mph.
here is a picture of my sticker which probably applies to any 1500 from 90-24
hope this helps, also note that it CLEARLY state's to reference the owners manual for more information
LOAD.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lynnbilodeau

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for posting a pic of the tag for a 2012 model XL Denali. Would still like to see numbers from a 2004 model. I realize they may be the same. But, they may not, as the 2012 has 20 inch wheels, where my original factory wheels are 17s. I could look at the sticker on my son's 2007 two wheel drive model, but it has 19 inch wheels. I am not disputing that it MAY be the same specs for every 1500 Suburban/Yukon XL from 90 to 2024. I just don't know.

You and I will just have to disagree on whether it is best practice to air tires up to the max allowed (as stated on the sidewall). I have worked on cars since I got my first one in 1968. I worked as the brake and front end mechanic at a GM dealer in the 70s and owned my own auto repair store until 1990. I have never seen a manufacturer recommend a tire pressure that matched the most allowable per the sidewall. Believe it or not, it is possible for reasonable people to disagree. You don't have to like me or like my question. In my neighborhood, I am pretty darn certain I can tell the difference blind folded between 32 and 44 psi. In my neighborhood (my house was built in 1902) we still have some brick streets. Probably could not tell on a good stretch of smooth highway. It would also be my opinion that the tires would tend to wear a little unevenly at 44 cold. The center of the treads would likely wear out sooner.

Yes, the sticker says to see the owner's manual for additional info. I really thought the owner's manual would have the recommended numbers in there. All it said was to fill according to the sticker. Back to square one.

In the meantime, I am running 35 front and rear. No complaints. I am not losing sleep over this. Would just like to know what GM recommends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar