Are Trailer Tire Pressure Monitors Addable After the Fact

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just confirmed that if you have the ZL6 (as a poster has already said here) you have everything you need just add the trailer sensors and program them. My order does have the ZL6

ekordas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The UET code isn’t associated with the trailer tire sensors. That’s the smart trailer integration which basically allows you to connect to compatible high end campers to monitor things like water level and slide out controls. The ZL6 code is the one you want for the tire sensors. My 2021 Yukon order had the ZL6 code and not the UET code. I don’t think you can get the UET without ZL6 so you should be good either way.

OP
OP
WalleyeMikeIII

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know, ZL6 is on my build as well. Now just need to hook up my trailer..tonight it was -3 with a -22 wind chill as I was clearing the driveway…spring seems miles off!

Thanks for all the input.

JPH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Make sure your dealer sales manager (not the sales person) will add them for $50 for 4. I just bought a 2022 Sierra 1500 Denali Reserve pkg that did not have them on build sheet and the dealer can only get from parts at $300 for 4. They did cut a deal that they cover $100 but since was not on build sheet could not get the $50 factory deal. Dealer said it needs to come from factory since factory can cover the discount price where the local dealer parts desk cannot. I am willing to pay for it but 300 is steep. I am still waiting for them but as others said I expect to be plug and play.

ekordas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure your dealer sales manager (not the sales person) will add them for $50 for 4. I just bought a 2022 Sierra 1500 Denali Reserve pkg that did not have them on build sheet and the dealer can only get from parts at $300 for 4. They did cut a deal that they cover $100 but since was not on build sheet could not get the $50 factory deal. Dealer said it needs to come from factory since factory can cover the discount price where the local dealer parts desk cannot. I am willing to pay for it but 300 is steep. I am still waiting for them but as others said I expect to be plug and play.
You can buy sets of 4 (yes they're still OEM) for pretty cheap on eBay. I've bought two sets for around $60 each.

OP
OP
WalleyeMikeIII

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checking back in -- any of you 2022 owners w/ Max Trailering Package towed anything yet? Did the Trailering App prompt if you wanted to set up tire pressure sensors?

My goal: Confirm that even without ordering the Tire Pressure Sensors from factory, that the truck is capable of having them programmed (I will then order some to be installed in my boat trailer tires).

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I got my 22 Yukon SLT 10 days ago with Max Tow, took my trailer tires to the tire shop with the sensors that were purchased at the dealer (not ordered with the Yukon) had them installed, put them back on the trailer, went into the trailer app in the infotainment screen, followed the instructions and started the learning process (manual) let air out of tire one and the Yukon honked twice, went to the second tire let air out and again the Yukon honked twice and was done, worked perfect.

OP
OP
WalleyeMikeIII

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I got my 22 Yukon SLT 10 days ago with Max Tow, took my trailer tires to the tire shop with the sensors that were purchased at the dealer (not ordered with the Yukon) had them installed, put them back on the trailer, went into the trailer app in the infotainment screen, followed the instructions and started the learning process (manual) let air out of tire one and the Yukon honked twice, went to the second tire let air out and again the Yukon honked twice and was done, worked perfect.
That, my friend, is AWESOME NEWS!!!! Thanks!

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually had my wife sit in the Yukon watching the screen as some have commented that theirs never honked just the green check mark appeared on the screen for a particular tire that was learned but mine did the green check mark and also honked as it should.
You also need to have the trailers "umbilical cord" connected.

zrlee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a 21’ sierra Denali that came with the trailer sensors. I never installed them on my boat trailer but saw settings for them under the trailering app. Last week I traded that truck in on a 22’ Tahoe with max trailer tow. Additional Sensors were not included so I kept the sensors that came with the truck. There are no settings under the trailer app in my Tahoe like there was in my gmc so I’m not sure if they will work or not. Waiting from response from my dealer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullyfiberchick

Latest posts