Mirrors fold when key out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fatboy61717

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone wired up a way that, when u take your key out or turn ignition off the power mirrors fold in and do the opposite when u put the key in????

OP
OP
F

Fatboy61717

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I hope this thread gives someone who is knowledgeable of wiring electricity an idea to do it. If u do complete this install please post details (wire colors, pictures, info etc)

chacho44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 I'm with fatboy, Bwahahahahahahaha. Sounds like it should of been that way, I just noticed I had curb assist on my mirrors

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well think about it for a minute. What makes the locks unlock automatically when you take the key out or the lights turn on? If you can tap into that functionality with your mirror motor you're golden. The big hurdle with this is that it may be a PCM mod that is necessary but I don't know. Obviously there's a sensor that says the key has been pulled out.

hidpositive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
our trucks down have power mirrors that fold in period, so wouldnt you need to install a motor in the mirror units?..

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
our trucks down have power mirrors that fold in period, so wouldnt you need to install a motor in the mirror units?..

I'm pretty sure some of the later model 00-06's had the option of power folding mirrors :hmm:

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
mine has folding mirrors. they just arent motorized. 94 biznitch!!!

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

n thats a good idea

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman