Might have to sell...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
My dad and I were talking, and he thinks that since gas is about to go, possibly over $3 a gallon in the summer, I might want to sell my Tahoe to get something more efficient and affordable on gas. My parents sold all of their businesses, so they no longer have an income, meaning we are living off what we got in the bank and money we get from selling parts of the estates and subdivisions we own.

That being said, we watch what we spend on, so having a gas-efficient car would really reduce the costs for fuel on me. Plus, I never haul around more than 1 or 2 people with me. When I first decided on a Tahoe, we all pictured me carrying a car load of people, therefore needing one. Well, reality hit, and now a sporty car doesn't sound so bad.

It'll be sort of emotional though...this is my first truck and I couldn't ask for anything better. I love everything about it, but when I get a job and have to start paying for my own gas, it'll be hard to afford.

Therefore, we're considering a new Camaro or Cadillac CTS. I test drove both of those last summer and loved them. The Camaro is more likely, as I could probably even get the SS if I wanted. But the 6.2L in it would be worse than my Tahoe. So it would probably be a loaded LT model.

Well, what do you guys think?? I'd really hate to see my truck go. But it may have to.

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry. No pun intended but this story sounds extremely familiar. (NC6600)

If you are short on $$ and income. Why would you even consider going with a new Camaro or CTS? You're what, 17years old?

Again don't get me wrong but this feels like de ja vu minus the infamous SBCC Silverado..

louisrcastro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Damm Dude Here in Southern California Regular Gas Price from Chevron Comes up to $3.00 To $3.17 A Gallon so i basically waste 70 to 75$ in a week and two days for my 2002 Yukon Denali ..and im just 20 years old not Bad
My Denali goes first then my girl ;D

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
We're not short on money, we just don't have any more coming in for right now.

BUT, this thread should be deleted, as I told my mom and she wasn't too happy about what my dad said. She sure did let him know. :)

We're not gonna sell it. The money I'll be saving on gas with a Camaro will go to the higher insurance cost it has. There'd be no money saving.

So I have nothing to worry about for good long while. :D

turboeclips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are really trying to budget money and have an economical ride, sell it and get a used Civic :Big Laugh:. You could probably buy one cash and not worry about payments and you would spend alot less on gas.

jee123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tell your dad to throw some money in a stock account and short goldman sachs...you ll make some coin

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if your parents want you to get a more fuel efficient vehicle then you should talk to them about their escalade and sierra.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia