Michelin Man. Which ones to get? 285-45-22

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackDenaliXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just had the defenders installed in that size and so far I'm happy with them.

Quiet, good traction and deep tread.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The premiers are excellent. The defenders are a little beefier. I like the defenders. Will be buying those in the spring when I'm ready to put my 20 inch wheels on my denalis. Although I still love the LTX A/T2s that are currently on my Denali 17s, good beefy tires, all terrains, they corner well, they have great grip in snow and rain, and are extremely quiet for dry pavement driving.

Luna1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We went with the nitto nt421q 285/45r22
new tire from nitto. Very good traction in wet weather and unbelievably quiet tire. Grips the road very well. We just put our first 1k miles on them. So far so good. Another option worth looking at.
IMG_0069.JPG IMG_0080.JPG

thebishman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running the Defenders instead of the Latitudes. Love them. Truck rides so much better; road noise less; handling better.

Got them from Luke at Tirerack.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought a set of 275-55-20 Defenders and I love mine also. Went from Bridgestone Duelers to Defenders and I can tell the difference in ride.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
The premiers are excellent. The defenders are a little beefier. I like the defenders. Will be buying those in the spring when I'm ready to put my 20 inch wheels on my denalis. Although I still love the LTX A/T2s that are currently on my Denali 17s, good beefy tires, all terrains, they corner well, they have great grip in snow and rain, and are extremely quiet for dry pavement driving.
Can you snap a pic of your tires and treads ? I am thinking of them. The Bridgestones don't ride as good as I want

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@#1taho , here's a pic i took of them awhile back. They are on their last leg, so to speak, lol of tread life, but they've served well. They all wore very evenly. And I got quite a few miles out of them. I'll snap a pic of tread in a minute. I'll also add that when i bought my car not quite 2 years ago the gmc dealership put new Bridgestone duelers on my 17s as they were needed before they could sell it to me. I drove on those for only about 2 months. But my alignment was so bad it are the tread off my front tires completely. In May of 2015 is when I picked up the michelins I have now cuz they were takeoffs and I scored them super cheap. But the ride quality was completely changed when I went from the Bridgestones to the michelins. Night and day difference. Michelins are expensive but totally worth the price tag they carry!

0113161326b.jpg

1119161734.jpg

Last edited:

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
I agree on the ride quality and the cost of Michelins. They are great but in order for them to be worth it you must be a driver. Short trips and not driving weather cracks them fast. At least here they do. Hot summers Icey cold winters mixed with road salt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LadnerAutomotive