McGaughy's spindles still having issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fearz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a deal on a brand new McGaughy's 2/3 drop.
Are the spindle's still having issues with the Traction control light and ABS?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
It's not only the McG spindles that have those issues. The traction light has to do with specific GM production runs. People on this forum have it with both the Belltech and McG spindles. The McG spindles seem to show the issue more the general public buys them more. My dealership (one of the largest in Texas) told me they have even seen lifted trucks, and/or larger wheels/tire equipped cars have that problem.
My Tahoe started it when I got 24s, which was before the spindle drop.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fearz

Fearz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks again Modded. Would you happen to know the difference between the LD and HD springs? The guy said I could get either McG kit.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
The HD springs are stiffer, It may be a good idea to get them because the normal ones are on the soft side.

OP
OP
Fearz

Fearz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The HD springs are stiffer, It may be a good idea to get them because the normal ones are on the soft side.

Cool that will work. BTW I found those 5100's, but the guy selling them on amazon said they are discontinued. So I'm thinking of just doing HD's all around to get it done and sitting clean :Big Laugh:

Are those McG extenders ok?

Last edited:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah the McG extenders are good.
The error is caused by a vehicle sensor not liking large wheels/tires, or modified suspension.
For some reason it thinks the car is about to lose control and turns on stabilitrack/traction control to avoid it.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Either that, or some sensor has noticed the front is too low/too high.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes....

Good point.

Traction control kicks in upon sensing wheel speed differences.

I am pretty sure than Stabilitrack uses a type of pitch and yaw sensor.... to determine it the truck is going over. I know that is a big thing for 15 passenger vans now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts