mcgaughys lowering kits help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

55belairtim

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
hi
to those of you that came over from tahoe forums you may already know this but im a vendor of mcgaughys suspension kits. i just became a supporting vendor for this site aswell. i have good prices and im currently running a sale on mcgaughys drop spindles part number 33004 and 34037 they are 199 for a pair plus shipping. i also have discounted kits untill these spindles are gone. also if you have any technical questions regarding mcgaughys kits or installatioin i would be glade to assist you.
thank you tim
559-824-5289

1sikyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i have a 08 yukon on 24s...i really want to drop the back but i have one concern. I am towing a boat all summer, when the boat is on the car, my rear end drops about 2 and a half inches. If i add the 2" drop that will bring me down to a total of 4 and a half inches or so, would that be an issue? and also would the drop be able to handle the weight?

OP
OP

55belairtim

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i would get an air bag helper for the rear. i have them for 155.00 shipped i think it would be a good idea to have one even if you dont lower the rear.
thank you tim

1sikyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would get an air bag helper for the rear. i have them for 155.00 shipped i think it would be a good idea to have one even if you dont lower the rear.
thank you tim

What is a airbag helper? I dont have air ride or anything the truck has the stock suspension???? this is the one topic about cars that i am weak on...suspension all the info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

OP
OP

55belairtim

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
air bag helpers are in addition to your factory suspension. they help raise the back end up when a load is placed on it.
thank you tim
559-824-5289

1sikyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just to make sure we are on the same page and before i start to order parts does this all sound right to u...2008 yukon 2wd....get a 2| drop in rear (Part# 30014) and then add the air bag helpers...and everything should be good. if so i think i may order the air bag helpers from you....THANKS for being so helpful. please let me know...

Cartwright

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So just to make sure we are on the same page and before i start to order parts does this all sound right to u...2008 yukon 2wd....get a 2| drop in rear (Part# 30014) and then add the air bag helpers...and everything should be good. if so i think i may order the air bag helpers from you....THANKS for being so helpful. please let me know...

That woudl work no problem. You would Air up the Helper bags when you are gonna be towing the boat and then air them down when you are not towing anything.

OP
OP

55belairtim

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

hi
yes you want
30014 2" drop kit
and 33069 air bag helper
thank you tim
559-824-5289

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KlausGB