Magnaflow Installed Today - A Little Disappointed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bogart

Reaction score
Got a Magnaflow 12589, resonator delete, with a turn down installed this morning. I didn't want anything really loud or obnoxious. I spent hours on this site and on YouTube trying to find what model would be the best for what I wanted. I am a little disappointed that it isn't a little louder. You can tell a little difference on startup and when you hammer the gas but it's not really that much different than stock. I'm kind of just thinking I could have saved some money and just cut off the resonator. The turn down is past the rear axle. Is that muffling the sound when at idle? I know some people on here say it gets a little louder after being broken in. Anyone else get the 12589 and feel the same way?

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you wanted loud should have gotten a Magnaflow Magnapack

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had that exact one on my Tahoe. Yea its not much louder then stock. It definitely gets louder after being broken in a little while.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had that exact one on my Tahoe. Yea its not much louder then stock. It definitely gets louder after being broken in a little while.

x2... well my Yukon, but still. I like it because it's just a little louder than stock, but still quiet.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
it because of the size you chose. Its close to the size of oem. I run a magnaflow 11249. the shorter and thinner the loulder its gonna be. You can always cut out the muffler and reweld something else in.

12589.jpg

11249.jpg

Heres mine with stock piping, res delete, and old tips that used to face out the back and the muffler.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ3acUZYYRQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDz31EoHovw

OP
OP
B

Bogart

Reaction score
We will see how it sounds after a few hundred miles. I knew I was choosing the largest muffler Magnaflow made. I just kind of expected a more noticeable rumble at idle. I think I let the people talking about drone scare me. I don't think my friends that go to lunch with me every day will ever notice unless I say something to them. I do think it looks much better without that ugly resonator.

Last edited:

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Cutting off the resonator dosent seem to make it a whole lout louder. But does look a lot better. I ended up getting Volant side exit tips. I am very happy with that set up.

picture.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaptainkhaos58