Lug nuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey just wondering what your guys opinion is on replacing the lug nuts? Ive got years of abuse on mine. Usually them darn tire guys like the impact to zip them off and likewise zip off some of the hex. So what do you think? Replace them all after a certain time or just as needed with no respect for their age?

mizzouguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock solid zinc coated ones should be good for life assuming they were never rounded off or stripped. Chrome capped ones are usually replaced more often due to rounding or breaking. If thats how your tire shop does it, I suggest finding a new one. They can be impacted off just fine but should be tightened with a torque wrench. Every time. Prevents lug nut/stud damage and brake warping.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would only replace them if you're worried about the wheels being stolen. I replaced all of mine with Gorilla locking lug nuts. I got the black ones but they are getting rusty and look like crap now. Haven't gotten around to taking a photo and expressing my displeasure with Gorilla. But they do work, each lug requires the special socket to remove them and I insist that the tire techs do not use air tools on my wheels and check the torque at home.

OP
OP
Matahoe

Matahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ha. you mean double check the torque when you get home. i would hope they at least torque stick them before you leave.

I also insist they put sticky weights on. I had a few rims damaged in the past from weights and the tire shop ended up buying me new factory rims.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts