LTZ grille for my LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

motoxdirtrider84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am new to the forum and have my first question that I was hoping someone might be able to answer. I have a 2009 Tahoe LT with the standard black grille. I would like to get the LTZ grille but I think I read somewhere that the LTZ grille will not fit the LT. Is this true? If so, can somebody suggest a grille for my LT that is very similiar to the LTZ grille?

Would this be one? It seems kind of expensive though.

http://www.carid.com/2009-chevy-tahoe-grill/grillcraft-sw-grille-354517.html

OP
OP
M

motoxdirtrider84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you, I will check that website right now. Do you know if a stock LTZ grille will fit an LT?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got spammed 15 emails from that site this morning ... and now it's linked here.

Interesting ...

The LTZ grille will fit the LT and any other 07+ Tahoe variation ... best place to find them is on CL. Also you should put up a WTB/WTT thread here ... there's always folks blacking out their LTZs looking to either swap or sell their grille outright.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! And do like Serge said: ask here if someone wants to trade grilles. Someone always wants a black grille, and someone always wants a chrome grille. So, ask around, and you'll probably find someone looking to unload his.

OP
OP
M

motoxdirtrider84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks...my car was actually in an accident so I am looking to buy it brand new since the insurance company will be paying for it.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does no harm to author a WTB thread anyway right? :)

Btw, that Grillcraft grille you linked in your first post, though expensive, is a very high quality product, and you can find it for cheaper than the carid bozos are pimping it for.

But my take is to go oem whenever possible ... so time to hit allofcraigs.com and ebay.

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Your other alternative of course, since the insurance company is forking the bill, is to simply have the body shop install the LTZ grille and pay the difference to them ... not sure how much that comes to but it would make the whole process much easier.

boudreaux

Reaction score
interesting post.

I have a 2010 LT with the chrome grille inserts and I would prefer the black.

boudreaux

Reaction score
Just took a closer look at mine.

Looks like the previous owner or the dealership installed one of the chrome grille inserts over my stock black grill.

Popping a few tabs and I was able to remove the chrome overlay to get back to the stock black mesh that was always underneath. Saved me some $$ by not having to order a black overlay.

Only broke 1 tab getting the chrome overlay off the top. All tabs intact on the bottom overlay. So it's replaceable if I ever wanted to. Or in salable condition!

I now only have the chrome ring around the rim of the mesh grill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
preinternet