lowering junk?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Ight, so my truck now has maybe a 2/2 on it or 3/2. Im getting some belltech nitro drop shocks this weekend. they say itll lower the rear 5"-6" of drop and the front 0"-2". my truck sits pretty level now. but do you think i should grab a pair of front 2" drop springs also?? then it would be a 4/5??? or idk understand this shit sometimes.. lol

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think drop shocks are going to lower your truck. You are going to need a flip kit to lower it 5-6" i think, along with a c-notch. A friend of mine was going to drop his 99 hoe 4-5 maybe 6", but not sure what ended up happening since he got laid off. He was going with drop spindles and shocks in the front and the flip kit in the rear.

tahoe ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3/4.5 here you panzy.. 3" lower a-arms 2" drop shackle for a silverado which gave me 3" and i removed the overlaod spring in the rear and gave me a 1.5 but i need 1 more inch
familypics091.jpg

Backon4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
shocks do not lower the vehicle, they are designed to give you more travel and better rebound on lowered vehicles. They simply shorten the housing and damper in order to meet your current wheel travel

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
well do you think i should go out and hit that place up to buy the shocks or not worry about it? it rides alrite, but imean i thought shocks would do something for looks? but idk imean im getting a great deal on the shocks. 50 bucks for all 4 nitrodrops which is alot better then 45 each!

Timmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well do you think i should go out and hit that place up to buy the shocks or not worry about it? it rides alrite, but imean i thought shocks would do something for looks? but idk imean im getting a great deal on the shocks. 50 bucks for all 4 nitrodrops which is alot better then 45 each!

the shocks will make it ride soooooooooo buch better.

i THINK you can grab some spindles and a flipkit and get it lower.

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
im not trying to blow any money into lowering it right now. Im going to wyotech next year, and we get 50% off all airride technologies shit, so im going to wait until next yr then bag it. ill just save up my money, i was just thinking to get the shocks since mine need to be replaced.. i wasnt sure if they would lower it any more then what is it, or just keep the same stance..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts