lowering help pleasae!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

project 96

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I got a 96 tahoe 4door 4x4. I'm looking to do at least a 3/5 drop on it. Whats the best setup and if there's any mods that I might have to do.

97yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a little help

Hey guys I got a 96 tahoe 4door 4x4. I'm looking to do at least a 3/5 drop on it. Whats the best setup and if there's any mods that I might have to do.

i have a 2wd dropped 3/5 so its a little different. but everyone will prob tell you torsion keys for sure and spindles or springs to get the rest. rear would be a flip kit and lift shackles or drop leaf springs. i would recommend flip kit for ride purposes. Im running drop leafs with helper bags...without the helper bags, prepare yourself for one bumpy ass ride.

hope this helps..got any questions let me know. flip kit requires a few mods(notching the frame, notching cross member for drive shaft).

99Bo-Tie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well lowering the front is a challenge. i dont know anybody who makes drop spindles and of course no coils like a 2wd. You can lower the front up to 3" with keys and back up to 4 inches with just a shackle/hanger kit. i want to lower mine but dont know how the front will ride with the keys

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

ive done many of the customers trucks like you want.

front belltech keys
rear flip kit with lifting shackle

pm me if your interested on pricing.

Low97tahoE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
if you want to do a 3/5 drop, your gonna need lift hangers with that flip kit...a flip kit on a 2dr tahoe is 7", (they only make up to a 1" lift shackle) i just did a flip kit on mine about 2 months ago and i was pretty surprised, then i found out that the hangers are mounted higher than on a truck, so a flip kit is a 7" drop... DJM makes 2" lift hangers for that....and, with a 5" drop, you don't need a c-notch, unless you really want to....the frame is up higher on a tahoe rather than a truck, my brother (97yukon) is riding without a notch and he has atleast 3" of travel, and it never bottoms out...just because you do a flip kit, and lift hangers, it will still come out to be 5" no matter how you look at it, so a notch is really not necessary, and is more of a PITA than i would ever want to do again (i didnt use the lift hangers in the kit, i went with a 5/7 drop with a c-notch)

btw im trying to sell the lift hangers if your interested, there is a guy on FSC that wants them, but if he doesnt want them, and you need them, let me know

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TU1881